2005 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Silverado 1500 model:
Lemon, Lemon, Lemon
By jmnjr on 04/10/07 22:12 PM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 4dr Crew Cab LS Rwd SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Chevrolet has no quality in this truck. Intermediate shaft changed 3 times. Gear assembly changed 5 times, power steering pump changed twice. Front end sounds like it is getting ready to fall off. Tires had to replaced at 15,000 miles due to terrible front end.

One incredible truck
By David R on 03/08/07 16:06 PM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 4dr Extended Cab SS Rwd SB (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

I've driven Chevy trucks all my life, and this one has got to be by far the best. Nice power and exceptional ride comfort from a truck are my top requirements, and this truck fills the bill nicely. After punishing this truck on the Million Dollar Highway, I rode away with a huge smile on my face. The tires stick like glue on wet/dry pavement and can easily climb any mountain with gobs of power to spare. Can tow 8,000 pounds with ease. While it may not be the absolute fastest truck, it is fast, it rides extremely well, is versatile, and will leave you with a great feeling.

Chev Z71 Crew Cab 2005
By Truck Buyer on 02/24/07 17:29 PM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 4dr Crew Cab Z71 4WD SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Vehicle is very comfortable on long and short trips. 4X4 has gotten me through off road terrain as well as some fairly deep snow! Family feels very safe in this truck!

My new truck
By CrewCab 4x4 on 01/10/07 09:24 AM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 4dr Crew Cab LS 4WD SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

What an incredible truck. It has been up to the task at everything I given it. The interior is awesome, and the Bose sound system rocks. XM is a plus. My only complaint is the poor MPG, but considering what it is, I wasn't expecting to get econo-car mpg. The 5.3l V-8 is plenty powerful, and the trans shifts very smooth. All in all, I am very happy with it, and when the lease is up, I will probably purchase it. My only real complaint is the price. $38k for a truck is ridiculous.

The Rock!
By jsp_parrish on 11/17/06 10:35 AM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 4dr Extended Cab Z71 4WD SB (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

I love this truck. I have a 10 year plan for it. I push snow with it, pull a heavy trailer, and carry the family around. Can't get any better than this.

Lemon
By r akers on 10/25/06 17:18 PM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 4dr Crew Cab LT 4WD SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I have had nothing but trouble out of the transmission on this truck. I have had to have a sensor replaced in the 4wd 3 times due to the truck going into 4wd by itself. I have replaced the transfer case due to it having a tension crack to wear in it. The brakes have cost me over $1500 in the past year to be replaced. The drums are a real problem on this truck. I have had other problems with the truck.

Electrical nightmare
By mmscott on 10/15/06 07:11 AM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 4dr Crew Cab Z71 4WD SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

This truck is a lemon. The heater control has been replaced. The 4 wheel drive system has a new dash switch, transfer case switch and control module and it still puts itself into 4x4. I would not recommend a Chevrolet to anybody. Also the radio will not turn on at times. The display works but there is no audio.

Joe's Toy
By Joe Scarllett on 10/11/06 22:06 PM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 4dr Extended Cab SS AWD SB (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

This is the most enjoyable ,fun, exciting rides that I have had in the 52 years that I have been driving cars and trucks. The only other ride that I can rate it with would be my '76 Harley !

What a great pickup truck, made for work
By RickThompson on 10/04/06 14:21 PM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 2dr Regular Cab Rwd LB (4.3L 6cyl 5M)

I bought this truck in April 2005 with 6,850 miles on it and broke 50,000 miles this October. No problem other than a brake light. I change the oil and it runs. I only have the 4.3L but it can still haul the loads. I get about 17-19 in town and 19-23 on the highway with the air on. The truck has great passing power, and the limited slip is nice when offroad even though it's just a 2wd. Bulletproof drivetrain.

Harmonic Vibrations
By Frank on 10/03/06 14:35 PM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 2dr Regular Cab LS Rwd SB (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

After owning four Chevrolet trucks, the fifth one was a horrible experience. The treatment from GM was nothing but criminal and stupid. I took the truck back within the first 500 miles because of a vibration similar to an unballanced tire . They never could correct this problem. Their way of avoiding warrenty terms was to state the vibration problem, rear end whine, and stuttering brakes, were a normal characteristic and therefore they refused repairing or rebuying the vehicle. After buying 14 GM vehicles in the past 16 years, I will never buy another. No wonder GM has lost 6% of its market in the last 5 years. Why would anyone believe their new 100000 mile warranty is anything but a farce?