Used 2005 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Consumer Reviews - 165 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Chevrolet Silverado 1500

View reviews for a specific Silverado 1500 model:

Like it, Love it?
By Chevybilt

2005 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 2dr Regular Cab Rwd SB (4.3L 6cyl 5M)

Best truck I have ever owned! Biggest guts for a 6cyl. I have driven! Only flaw is hates snow! This truck would get stuck in flurries. Does great in rain and corners like a bike, almost. But snow is not our friend we are finding out!

Easy to work on, a lot of room under the hood and behind the seat.

Chevy could do a little better with the engineering of the interior as a whole. Other than the gauges.

Love the truck, hate the reliabilty
By waterville new york

2005 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 4dr Crew Cab LS 4WD SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I really do like the truck, it's the reliabilty have the problem with. I have had many, many brake issues. The driver front wheel kept locking up and over heating to the point that you could smell it and if you spit on the wheel it would sizzle. Back and forth and out of the shop and until they finally figured out it was a caliper puck heating up and not releasing. I also had the rear differential go, both universal joints, the 4WD always clunked when going in and out and now the electric 4WD shift has issues, the front tie rods. To summarize everything. When it was new it was great but as the miles started adding up it the truck just began to feel loose. Would not buy another Chevy.

The stereo auto volume control, the layout of the controls, the seats, very comfortable, roomy

Brakes

Decent Truck
By Truck Lady

2005 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 4dr Crew Cab Z71 4WD SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I like this truck. It handles well, mechanically has only had one problem and that is the tempermental a/c and heat control. I had it replaced when the truck was 3 months old. It went out again shortly after but we had already put 360,000 on it so we couldnt get it replaced. So most of the time it works, but not always. Seat backs are uncomfortable on long drives. Instead of being flat they wrap around and our backs get wedged in and ache after a while. I have to take a pillow for traveling.

Looks, general comfort, dual temp controls,

Fix the miserable temp control, it shouldn't go out at 3 months.

2005 Chevy Work Truck 5 speed Manual LB
By Jim

2005 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 2dr Regular Cab Work Truck Rwd LB (4.3L 6cyl 5M)

Great MPG in a full size truck. At 76000 miles a proven winner. Too bad Chevy didn't think to make a 2008 stick version.

25 MPG highway

None

I still love this truck!
By MIZZSS

2005 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 4dr Extended Cab SS AWD SB (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

Wow! Three years later and I still love everything about this truck. I love the handling, the sleek/tough look (mine is black). Can a truck be your bestfriend? Mine is, it's does what I need when I need, and is always willing to give me a lot more, if needed. This truck is one of the funniest vehicles I have driven.

Everything!