2005 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LS Crew Cab Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

Sort Reviews by

Best Truck I've Owned
By Bruce B.

2005 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab LS Rwd SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I've owned a few Ford trucks and one Dodge truck. The ride of those doesn't compare to the smoothnest of the Chevy Silverado crew cab. Smooth ride, roomy interior. Nothing rattles or squeaks. It's just a very well put together truck.

Favorite Features

Automatic headlights. Crew cab rear seating area.

Bubba's Work Truck
By Bubba

2005 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab LS Rwd SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I have been more than pleased with my truck. I have gotten an average of 19 mpg since the truck was purchased and for the way I drive that is great! Even while pulling a load, it has not seemed to effect the milage in any big way. Only thing that has ever erked me was the top speed limit. Plenty of power and performance but a limit of 104. Then again, that may be a good thing.

Nice Truck
By nagyflys

2005 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab LS Rwd SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

This is my first Chevy truck. I'm very pleased with it. I haven't had it very long so I dont know how the build quality is or the reliability. Hopefully good.

Favorite Features

5.3L V8

Suggested Improvements

A/C makes a gurgling sound

Great Truck
By morgan

2005 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab LT Rwd SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

This is one of the most comfortable and driver friendly vehicles I have ever owned. Before I got this truck I drove a Land Rover Discovery and my wife had a Lincoln Towncar, but never again. She drives this one and leaves the Lincoln in the yard. We are planning on getting her own in the near future.

Favorite Features

XM,OnStar and the general reliability of this truck added to the comfort and ease of driving are our favorite features

Suggested Improvements

A 60-40 seat in leather with lumbar and heat would be nice. We had to get the bucket seats which are very comfortable but we like being closer together

Love my truck.
By Michael Rix

2005 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab LS 4WD SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I prefer the"old" style interior. I think the space ship interiors of the titan and f150 are what turn me back to Chevy. Totally satisfied.

Favorite Features

Bose upgrade w/ XM radio.

Suggested Improvements

Lock for rear hatch door.

Gotta Love It!
By 05Z71

2005 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab Z71 4WD SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

If you want a real truck that can work, haul the kids, tow the boat and look good while your doing it--- This is the right pick. Just make sure you have a gas card because you will find yourself always wanting to go for a ride.

Favorite Features

The ride quality is great and the seats fit a guy that has a couple extra pounds unlike other new trucks. (haha)

Best One
By gman

2005 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab LS Rwd SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Power of a sports car power to tow 9500lbs up Smokey mountain. Smooth as a car. Great gas mileage with v8,roomy just the best.

Favorite Features

Power and ride, size,roomy

Suggested Improvements

Don't change a thing.

Best Truck Made
By Milton Morgan

2005 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab LS 4WD SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I have owned Fords, Dodges and a couple of different import trucks in the past, but my 2005 Chevy is the most confortable and reliable of them all. I live in a small town in Southwest Texas, in the middle of nowhere, and a dependiable vehicle is a must. With my Chevy, I have peace of mind about getting on the road, which I'm on a lot as you can tell by the milage on my truck, also after breaking my back while in the military and having four major back surguries since, the comfort is next to none. The fuel economy is, in my opinion better than Ford or Dodge. Also, down here, the OnStar feature really makes you feel secure and the XM is great.

Favorite Features

The styling is great, inside and out, but the comfort of the seating and the user frindly controls are my favorite features and the OnStar gives me peace of mind.

Suggested Improvements

A stronger rear bumper is about the only thing I would suggest.

Awesome Truck
By C

2005 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab Z71 4WD SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

This is my first truck and it is great. I was pleasantly surprised that I did not lose any fuel economy when I moved into this truck from a mid size SUV. Chevy truly has made a great truck. I have had the truck going on ten months. It handles wonderfully both on and off road through out various speeds. I wish would have purchased one of these sooner.

Favorite Features

The room by far is my favorite feature. Having the crew cab I have had six adults ride comfortably. I regularly take clients out and hear complements on not only the looks, but especially on how good the ride is.

Suggested Improvements

The only suggestions I would make would be for Chevy to make the take off a little quicker and to update the dash and stereo.

Like the Truck
By HClem

2005 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab Z71 4WD SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Ok everyone will think I am crazy as I traded in a 1999 Corvette for this truck. However, I had a 1995 Chevy Blazer with over 150k that was my daily driver and I just fell in love with this truck when I saw it. It is loaded out with all the bells and whistles except moonroof. It gets great gas mileage for a full size truck 16 city and 19 highway. I enjoy driving it and especially like the ability to see what is ahead of you. Could use a slightly less harsh ride but overall great truck. I have had absolutely no trouble with the truck except the battery which died with less than 1000 miles

Favorite Features

The steering wheel controls for the radio and trip computer are great. I also like the xm radio but don't understand why Chevy even puts a cassette in an automobile today. The 6 disk cd should be the standard radio

Suggested Improvements

Soften the ride just slightly. I resolved by running slightly less air pressure in the rear tires.