Used 2005 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Silverado 1500 model:

My 11th Chevy Truck
By classic1957gal

2005 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 4dr Extended Cab Z71 4WD SB (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

My 2005 Ext Cab is the 11th Chevy truck I've owned (not counting Blazers; have had 4 of them); some I bought new, others used, and tho I tried another brand once, I'll always come back to a Chevy! This truck, like the others, has been a great all- around vehicle to own and drive. Love the style (inside & out), ride, performance and for a 4-wheel drive and my heavy foot, it gets great gas mileage. I can't imagine myself or either of my sons without a "bowtie" in our driveways! That says a lot since I was raised in a "blue oval" family.

My 05 is equipped with heated leather seats, power sunroof, BOSE stereo, etc.; basically every option you could get. I traded a Cadillac STS for this truck and can honestly say I don't miss the Caddy thanks to the quality of my Chevy.

If it sat a little higher, I wouldn't feel the urge for a future suspension lift.

My third one
By klj89

2005 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 2dr Regular Cab Rwd SB (4.3L 6cyl 5M)

My fourth Chevy I have bought. Its reliable and tough. Also its good with gas. I will always buy Chevy

exterior looks, work horse toughness, easy to work on , affordable

tighter fit with interior design

Like it, Love it?
By Chevybilt

2005 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 2dr Regular Cab Rwd SB (4.3L 6cyl 5M)

Best truck I have ever owned! Biggest guts for a 6cyl. I have driven! Only flaw is hates snow! This truck would get stuck in flurries. Does great in rain and corners like a bike, almost. But snow is not our friend we are finding out!

Easy to work on, a lot of room under the hood and behind the seat.

Chevy could do a little better with the engineering of the interior as a whole. Other than the gauges.

Love the truck, hate the reliabilty
By waterville new york

2005 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 4dr Crew Cab LS 4WD SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I really do like the truck, it's the reliabilty have the problem with. I have had many, many brake issues. The driver front wheel kept locking up and over heating to the point that you could smell it and if you spit on the wheel it would sizzle. Back and forth and out of the shop and until they finally figured out it was a caliper puck heating up and not releasing. I also had the rear differential go, both universal joints, the 4WD always clunked when going in and out and now the electric 4WD shift has issues, the front tie rods. To summarize everything. When it was new it was great but as the miles started adding up it the truck just began to feel loose. Would not buy another Chevy.

The stereo auto volume control, the layout of the controls, the seats, very comfortable, roomy

Brakes

Decent Truck
By Truck Lady

2005 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 4dr Crew Cab Z71 4WD SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I like this truck. It handles well, mechanically has only had one problem and that is the tempermental a/c and heat control. I had it replaced when the truck was 3 months old. It went out again shortly after but we had already put 360,000 on it so we couldnt get it replaced. So most of the time it works, but not always. Seat backs are uncomfortable on long drives. Instead of being flat they wrap around and our backs get wedged in and ache after a while. I have to take a pillow for traveling.

Looks, general comfort, dual temp controls,

Fix the miserable temp control, it shouldn't go out at 3 months.