2005 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Consumer Review: 2005 Silverado non HD Work Tru

2005 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 - Consumer Review

Work Truck Regular Cab Pickup (4.3L V6 5-speed Manual 6.6 ft. Bed)

2005 Silverado non HD Work Truck
By Robert Quinn on

2005 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 2dr Regular Cab Work Truck Rwd SB (4.3L 6cyl 5M)

I purchased this truck for $14,500 brand new. I wanted a cheap, reliable truck - it's what I got! Im still breaking it in. Pretty nightmarish fuel mileage (about 12-13 in city - my Explorer does better!) The ride is a lot rougher then I could have imagined on a 2005. It's great fun to drive. I love the new car smell. The message center is smart and not annoying! I love the overall utility of this truck! I have to tell you no matter how popular this truck is, it's still an eye-catcher! Im a Ford guy - but I thought I'd give Chevy a shot on this one. Overall, I'm really happy with the purchase!

A lot of room under the hood. You could shove a small horse in the empty space around the Vortec 4300 4.3 V6. The A/C is awesome, very quick to supercool your blood. I love the grille - and the auto sensor lights just look cool. The auto airbag sensor isnt bad either - just hope it always works!.

12 mpg in city? Sticker says 16. I ask, which city? Make this ride a little less thirsty. Put a drop down armrest on the center of that bench.