2005 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Consumer Review: 2005 Chev Crew Cab Short Box 4

2005 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 - Consumer Review

Z71 Crew Cab Pickup (5.3L V8 4x4 4-speed Automatic 5.7 ft. Bed)

2005 Chev Crew Cab Short Box 4X4 Z71
By LJP on

2005 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 4dr Crew Cab Z71 4WD SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

This truck is one of the best designed Chevy trucks I have owned. Everyone I take for a ride likes the 4 doors and roominess. The comfort is better then most cars I have driven. The match of crew cab and short (5'8" bed) is a perfect blend for my use. The 5.3L coupled with the limited slip 3.42 axle is good on mileage and acceleration. The fuel tank is large enough to get me where I need to go with minimal stops at the outrageously priced gas pumps. All in all, this truck was a hit even with some complaints that I had / have.

I particularly like the temp / compass in the mirror. I like the folding outside rear view mirrors also. The rear folding seats are great! The maneuverability of the truck for driving & parking are excellent.

The brakes on this truck are the only complaint. The entire truck rates high in my view but the brakes, if I had known performed like they do, would have stopped me from buying the first year that Chevy 'cheapened' the truck by leaving 4 wheel disc brakes & going to front disc / rear drum.