Used 2005 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 SS Consumer Reviews - 20 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 SS - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Silverado 1500 model:

My 2005 crew cab
By Roger Brinkmann

2005 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 SS 4dr Extended Cab SS AWD SB (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

I have not had any problems with this vehicle. It is good on gas if you don't step on the gas too hard when taking off from a stop. It could get better gas mileage on the interstate. Above 60 mph, gas mileage starts dropping

Back windows roll down completely

Change outside looks to look more like GMC

Luv my Chevy
By Chris Heidt

2005 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 SS 4dr Extended Cab SS Rwd SB (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

This is my first experence with a Chevrolet, and I couldn't be more pleased. The most pleasent riding and handling pickup I have owned, and the service I recieve from the dealer I bought it from so far has been outstanding. Buy American always.

Too many to list

Bed liner factory instaled.

My dream truck!
By Dave

2005 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 SS 4dr Extended Cab SS AWD SB (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

I've wanted an SS ever since they unveiled the concept truck way back in 2000! I finally "took the plunge" back in July and man was it worth it!! This truck is awesome. Great performance, head-turning good looks and best of all it's a genuine Chevy (the ONLY true American car/truck company in my opinion!!). I would highly recommend springing for the optional tonneau cover for improved mpg! I also invested in a Line-X spray in bedliner right off the bat!

Vortec 6000 High Output 6.0L V8 + All- Wheel Drive + 4.10 rearend = Smiles everytime I hit the gas!!!

Autotrac 4x4 (for option 2wd when desired for better fuel economy). Factory optional supercharger! And ofcourse an optional 427 C5-R 7.0L performance engine package would have been insane! :)

I love it!
By Bruce

2005 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 SS 4dr Extended Cab SS Rwd SB (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

Traded in my 2004 ZO6 for the SS. WOW, it is the best of both worlds. I can load the Harley and hook up the boat and off I go. I recommend this truck to everyone. I have all the comforts of a high end Caddilac and the performance of a sports car. It does drink gas but thats the price you pay for performance. Make sure to upgrade to the Bose and XM, you just cant beat it.

Sunroof

Best truck
By Ryan B

2005 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 SS 4dr Extended Cab SS AWD SB (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

This truck is the best truck I have ever set foot in. Inside and out, this is a beautiful truck, from the 20 inch chrome rims, to the embroidered leather seats. This truck has pulling power, quickness, and very responsive steering. The only bad thing is the gas mileage, but what do you expect with an SS? I love this truck.

All wheel drive, XM radio, 6.0 liter motor, 20" chrome rims, and towing package.

Make the interior different than other Silverados.