2005 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 SS - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Silverado 1500 model:
All- weather sports truck.
By oleh k on 05/13/05 13:35 PM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 SS 4dr Extended Cab SS AWD SB (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

It is an extremely high performance pickup with 3/4 ton bed capacity, 7500 lb towing capacity, and great handling. Getting a baby seat in the back is easy because the doors open in opposite directions. It doesn't pretend to be anything it's not- it is a sport truck that does it all.

its an all around awesome truck
By doug marvin on 04/05/05 19:06 PM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 SS 4dr Extended Cab SS AWD SB (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

I love my SS ... it’s a 2003 and has 30k on at this point w/no mechanical problems ... I have towed an enclosed tandem axle 2 bike trailer to Daytona 3 times and 2 time to Myrtle ... have yet to be out launched at a light by anything including Corvettes ... yes, more power would help on the top end, but that’s the only way anything can catch you with all that traction.

2005 SS
By vince on 03/27/05 08:20 AM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 SS 4dr Extended Cab SS AWD SB (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

I had a black 2004 SS and now have a black 2005 SS. Do I need to say more. My list of things I like is way to long so I will mention the few negative things I find wrong. 1st is mileage. 95% of my driving is is town. I added a jet performance chip again and a jet air cleaner trying to increase mileage and maybe 1/2 gl increase. I average 10.3-10.9 in town. Now I went to the desert a couple of weeks ago and when I got off at my exit I was at exactly 20.0 miles per gl. No traffic w/cruise control the entire way. I know it is a heavy truck but I still think they could do more in the horsepower department. All the rain this year here in SoCal. All wheel drive has been great. 20" wheels=nothing but bite

I'm still glad I bought it.
By Mark R.Wilson on 03/25/05 04:54 AM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 SS 4dr Extended Cab SS AWD SB (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

It never slips on wet or dry pavement. 0-60 like an amusement ride. 60-90 OK. Very comfortable, stops on a dime. I get 15.2 mpg no matter what I'm doing. Turns heads. No other truck I found had both luxury and performance I'm a salesman and this truck has a good entertainment package.

Vin's SS
By vince wright on 02/05/05 22:58 PM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 SS 4dr Extended Cab SS AWD SB (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

Very fast and fun to drive.

Yes to SS!!!!!
By j. kugel on 01/19/05 19:49 PM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 SS 4dr Extended Cab SS AWD SB (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

I need a truck. Three kids,so I needed a 4 door. I pull a boat, so I needed a truck that can haul the kids and a boat. This truck does it all day and it's a cool truck too. I can still go to the cruise nights with it too!!

First Class Truck
By Kirk Henry on 01/15/05 14:40 PM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 SS 4dr Extended Cab SS AWD SB (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

First when you look at this truck it says top of the line. Then it says power. The handling of this truck is almost perfect. The seats fit like a glove. The ride is like no other truck I've ever driven before. And when I pass by people look and stare. That SS emblem says it all - top of the line Chevy Silverado. Some people says SS but i say SSS.

Great sport truck!
By Will on 12/18/04 19:48 PM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 SS 4dr Extended Cab SS AWD SB (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

I have only had the truck for a week, but I am very pleased with it so far. It is VERY comfortable to ride in. I especially like the heated leather seats. The Bose sound system is better than I expected. Even though this truck is not as powerful as a Lightning or the Ram SRT-10, it still gets up and moves for a 5K lb. truck. The 4.11 final drive, is a neck snapper with a VERY quick throttle response. It is a quick truck that unlike the Ford and the Dodge can be driven in the inclement weather.

super sport
By roly on 11/07/04 08:13 AM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 SS 4dr Extended Cab SS AWD SB (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

if you want a good looking powerful truck this is it. this is the best truck ive ever had

Straggler of the sport truck market.
By B'dizzle on 10/02/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 SS 4dr Extended Cab SS AWD SB (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

In comparison with the other sport trucks out on the market today the performance is terrible, and when paying $38,570 and seeing a lightning thats roughly $5,000 less it kinda makes you think "why isn't my truck performing that good after all I paid more money?"