Used 2005 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Silverado 1500 model:

Should not have bought this.
By Hodor

2005 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 2dr Regular Cab Work Truck Rwd LB (4.3L 6cyl 5M)

Should have gone with anyone but GM. Typical of the brand, speedometer doesn't work and no recall, service air bags notification on, needs third windshield, passenger door doesn't shut right, on third thermostat(non dealer this time), transmission slips but rarely, dealer tires didn't last any time at all. Little interior storage, glovebox doesn't hold much, will have to replace center seat with console storage. Good on gas mileage but V6 underpowered, computer wonky sometimes. Never been contacted about recall items.

Gas mileage, full sized bed, Climate control, squeaky pop sound from transmission.

longer seatbelts, driver controlled airbag switch, standard center seat storage, better front springs, needs positraction of some kind, needs better tow points on rear, needs more tie down points in bed, better drainage of pickup bed, better scratch resistant paint in bed.

2005 Chevrolet Silverado
By Bill

2005 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 4dr Crew Cab Z71 4WD SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

75,000 miles on Vehicle: Replaced brakes at 15,000 miles, 40,000 miles, and 70,000 miles (I have not historically been hard on breaks); Replaced Torque Converter and rebuilt transmission at 40,000 miles; Replaced Intermediate steering shaft at 40,000 miles, 60,000 miles, and 75,000 miles (grease repacked at 30,000 and 70,000). This is apparently a known issue with many models of GM vehicles. Replaced front wheel hub assemblies at 65,000 miles; Transmission clunk while turning at low speeds and accelerating from stop since truck was new. Told by two dealerships that this was a known issue that cannot be resolved. Cannot recommend this vehicle.

Very Comfortable Interior

Overall Quality and Dependability terrible Dealer Customer Service Poor

First Chevy Truck
By T. Gregory

2005 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 4dr Extended Cab Z71 4WD SB (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

Bought this Z71 used w/26000 miles, never had a Chevy truck before, thought I'd try one. The ride is pretty smooth, kinda like a car. I like the leather seats, they are very comfortable. The truck hauls my boat, 21ft Chaparral with no problems and the truck looks great. Has plenty of room in the back seat for the kiddo's and adults. The satellite radio is great as well as the onstar and built in phone. Have had no issues with anything, everything works and the truck runs like a top. Gas mileage is on par for a full size truck 15/17.

Comfortable seats, good looks, smooth tranny and ride.

Ride a little less mushy, more road input.

Worst Truck Ever
By X Chevy Fan

2005 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 4dr Extended Cab Work Truck Rwd SB (4.3L 6cyl 4A)

I hate this truck. I bought this truck Brand New. Have had it for 3 yrs now. The day after I bought it the ac blower resister, blower motor and resistor pigtail burn out... at 34 miles. At around 14000 miles, the ignition coil goes out. The list goes on and on. Now have 51000 on it and I have replaced the ac electrical parts 5 times, one tranny, starter, alternator, water pump, fuel pump, and countless bulbs. And the instrument cluster went out at around 39000. GM still refuses to replace mine. Been over a year and a half without speedo. Last but not least, the spare tire carrier got jammed. Had to use a cutting torch. Will never buy another. EVER!!!! Next one will be a Toyota .

None.

Give everybody that bought one of these pieces of junk their money back so they can go buy a truck that will act right and be DEPENDABLE. Probably something imported.

My favorite of 8 trucks
By RIck in Houston

2005 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 4dr Crew Cab LS Rwd SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I've owned 8 GM manufactured pickup trucks since about 1990. They all performed well. Based on my experience, I wouldn't consider another brand. But of all of the trucks I've owned, the '05 crew cab is by far my favorite. Little things like dual thermostat, 60/40 split front seat, e/q for stereo & more made this truck a bargain. I bought it new, changed the oil, put 2 sets of tires on it & one battery. That has been the extent of my maintainence. Runs like a top, great on gas, what can I say? I hate to let her go, but it's time for a new one.

see review