2005 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Silverado 1500 model:
My 11th Chevy Truck
By classic1957gal on 07/14/09 01:27 AM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 4dr Extended Cab Z71 4WD SB (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

My 2005 Ext Cab is the 11th Chevy truck I've owned (not counting Blazers; have had 4 of them); some I bought new, others used, and tho I tried another brand once, I'll always come back to a Chevy! This truck, like the others, has been a great all- around vehicle to own and drive. Love the style (inside & out), ride, performance and for a 4-wheel drive and my heavy foot, it gets great gas mileage. I can't imagine myself or either of my sons without a "bowtie" in our driveways! That says a lot since I was raised in a "blue oval" family.

My third one
By klj89 on 05/15/09 00:50 AM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 2dr Regular Cab Rwd SB (4.3L 6cyl 5M)

My fourth Chevy I have bought. Its reliable and tough. Also its good with gas. I will always buy Chevy

Like it, Love it?
By Chevybilt on 01/28/09 20:47 PM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 2dr Regular Cab Rwd SB (4.3L 6cyl 5M)

Best truck I have ever owned! Biggest guts for a 6cyl. I have driven! Only flaw is hates snow! This truck would get stuck in flurries. Does great in rain and corners like a bike, almost. But snow is not our friend we are finding out!

Love the truck, hate the reliabilty
By waterville new york on 10/28/08 19:29 PM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 4dr Crew Cab LS 4WD SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I really do like the truck, it's the reliabilty have the problem with. I have had many, many brake issues. The driver front wheel kept locking up and over heating to the point that you could smell it and if you spit on the wheel it would sizzle. Back and forth and out of the shop and until they finally figured out it was a caliper puck heating up and not releasing. I also had the rear differential go, both universal joints, the 4WD always clunked when going in and out and now the electric 4WD shift has issues, the front tie rods. To summarize everything. When it was new it was great but as the miles started adding up it the truck just began to feel loose. Would not buy another Chevy.

Decent Truck
By Truck Lady on 09/25/08 18:13 PM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 4dr Crew Cab Z71 4WD SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I like this truck. It handles well, mechanically has only had one problem and that is the tempermental a/c and heat control. I had it replaced when the truck was 3 months old. It went out again shortly after but we had already put 360,000 on it so we couldnt get it replaced. So most of the time it works, but not always. Seat backs are uncomfortable on long drives. Instead of being flat they wrap around and our backs get wedged in and ache after a while. I have to take a pillow for traveling.

2005 Chevy Work Truck 5 speed Manual LB
By Jim on 09/03/08 20:07 PM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 2dr Regular Cab Work Truck Rwd LB (4.3L 6cyl 5M)

Great MPG in a full size truck. At 76000 miles a proven winner. Too bad Chevy didn't think to make a 2008 stick version.

I still love this truck!
By MIZZSS on 05/30/08 14:12 PM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 4dr Extended Cab SS AWD SB (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

Wow! Three years later and I still love everything about this truck. I love the handling, the sleek/tough look (mine is black). Can a truck be your bestfriend? Mine is, it's does what I need when I need, and is always willing to give me a lot more, if needed. This truck is one of the funniest vehicles I have driven.

2005 Chevy Work Truck 5 speed Manual LB
By 2doorpost on 03/30/08 22:26 PM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 2dr Regular Cab Work Truck Rwd LB (4.3L 6cyl 5M)

This is the best truck I've ever owned (out of 10 Chevys) V6 with the 5 speed gets 24-25 MPG on the freeway. A few minor things went wrong- all fixed by the dealer. Truck has nearly 70000 miles now- runs like new and looks new. Still running on the original tires and brakes, all still good.

05 W/T Silverado
By Jim on 03/20/08 09:07 AM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 2dr Regular Cab Work Truck Rwd LB (4.3L 6cyl 5M)

Bought new as a commuter truck. Great gas mileage and reliability. 24 plus MPG HWY. Excellent service at nearly 70,000 miles. Original brakes- tires -shocks. Just grease and oil changes here. Truck was $13,206 new. Dirt cheap to buy, operate, and own. Great resale if I decide to sell.

Don't Buy
By tbeckys on 03/17/08 18:34 PM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 2dr Regular Cab Work Truck Rwd SB (4.3L 6cyl 5M)

We bought this truck and have had nothing but problems from the start. First the heater and air conditioning went out. Then the transmission is slipping. We can get the truck up to 70 mph and the front end feels like it is coming off. Shocks have been replaced. Tires are worn out at 9000 miles. Front and back end make a terrible creaking noise going over speed bumps or rr tracks and there is no end to what this truck has problems with. Chevy and GMC refuse to take care of the matters at all so we are stuck now with the worst truck we have ever owned! The 2007's are no better with the same problems as this truck has. I will never buy another one.