Used 2005 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Silverado 1500 model:

Pretty Good Truck
By johnnyelcamino

2005 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 4dr Extended Cab LS Rwd SB (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

Had two Tundra's prior to this purchase, but we had a 1997 Chevy one ton prior to that we called MONSTRO. Toyota has lost their mind on haggling, we loved the Tundra but no deal, we walked out mad. We stopped by the Chevy dealer and got a heck of a deal with the employee pricing.(20k paided on a 29k truck.) So far its a good truck, and it gets better mileage than my old V6 Tundra, 17 and 22.

Engine is strong, and good on gas. Good underbody.

Interior needs upgrade. Hear a gurgle in the AC. Smooth out the ride.

Best Truck Made
By Milton Morgan

2005 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 4dr Crew Cab LS 4WD SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I have owned Fords, Dodges and a couple of different import trucks in the past, but my 2005 Chevy is the most confortable and reliable of them all. I live in a small town in Southwest Texas, in the middle of nowhere, and a dependiable vehicle is a must. With my Chevy, I have peace of mind about getting on the road, which I'm on a lot as you can tell by the milage on my truck, also after breaking my back while in the military and having four major back surguries since, the comfort is next to none. The fuel economy is, in my opinion better than Ford or Dodge. Also, down here, the OnStar feature really makes you feel secure and the XM is great.

The styling is great, inside and out, but the comfort of the seating and the user frindly controls are my favorite features and the OnStar gives me peace of mind.

A stronger rear bumper is about the only thing I would suggest.

Z-85
By Dale

2005 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 4dr Extended Cab LT Rwd SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

What a truck - the Z-85 with 20" chrome wheels really sets off the dark maroon color.

Exteriod looks, Z-85 package

The interior has to be right up there with the very worst design and esthetic appeal

Awesome Truck
By C

2005 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 4dr Crew Cab Z71 4WD SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

This is my first truck and it is great. I was pleasantly surprised that I did not lose any fuel economy when I moved into this truck from a mid size SUV. Chevy truly has made a great truck. I have had the truck going on ten months. It handles wonderfully both on and off road through out various speeds. I wish would have purchased one of these sooner.

The room by far is my favorite feature. Having the crew cab I have had six adults ride comfortably. I regularly take clients out and hear complements on not only the looks, but especially on how good the ride is.

The only suggestions I would make would be for Chevy to make the take off a little quicker and to update the dash and stereo.

Great Truck!
By DJ

2005 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 4dr Extended Cab Work Truck 4WD LB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I purchased an '05 4x4, extended cab, WT, in April. I think it's a great truck. I was impressed by the standard features (e.g. dual climate control, 4 wheel ABS, etc..) It rides great on the highway...I drove it from NY to the Rocky Mountains and was never uncomforable at all...that's a lot of driving. The engine is impressive (about 300hp). It's got plenty of power and has been getting decent gas mileage (for a truck).

Strong V8, exterior styling, Chevy dependability.

I think it was cheap of Chevy not to make the center front seat fold down to a center arm rest in the WT model. You have to get the "LS" to get that. The transmission isn't the smoothest. My father's Tundra has a silky smooth transmission, but lacks the feeling of power and speed of my Chevy.