2005 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Silverado 1500 model:
2004 silverado
By Tree on 01/03/05 12:13 PM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 4dr Extended Cab LS Rwd LB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

After 13,000 miles I notice the trans slipping a little. the dash bubbled up the size of a dime and the painted plastic paint is coming off on the dash behind the steering wheel.

Great
By kevin on 01/02/05 18:23 PM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 2dr Regular Cab Work Truck Rwd SB (4.3L 6cyl 5M)

This truck is great I purchased for under 19000 and it is better then any ford or dodge on the market today. it is great for working, around town, and other things I can count on it in any condition. and I love the A+ custumer serviece that I recieved.

Great truck
By gump155 on 01/02/05 13:50 PM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 4dr Extended Cab LS 4WD LB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Vehicle is built to last. Truck has a great 5.3 engine. Only flaws so far is that the gas mileage is poor, and when the truck shifts, rear axle is rough, otherwise this truck is a great buy for the money, compared to the Ford F150, which was about 5 grand more.

The best in a long time
By Rob on 12/28/04 14:55 PM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 4dr Crew Cab Z71 4WD SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Having owned many different vehicles and brands, i.e, Honda, Ford, Nissan, VW, Lincoln, to name a few. I can honestly say I have never been more excited about a vehicle as I am about the Silverado Crew Cab. I needed to replace the '96 Towncar and purchased a Honda Element for the wife. Also an excellent small SUV. I look forward to driving the Crew Cab Silverado. I traded a '99 F250 V10 in on it. I hated the Ford. Had a '94 F150 and like it as well as a 1998 Silverado. I thought I would go back and try the Chevy again. I really like it.

Excellent
By Z71 on 12/22/04 06:32 AM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 4dr Extended Cab Work Truck 4WD LB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

A great truck and great handling vehicle. Built well and strong.

Better Than
By Ed Spencer on 12/20/04 21:01 PM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 4dr Crew Cab Z71 4WD SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Definitely way better than dodge ford and nissan.

2005 Z71
By natstd on 12/19/04 11:08 AM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 4dr Extended Cab Z71 4WD SB (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

I'm very pleased with my truck. It's well built and has fair to good gas mileage for a four wheel drive.

Great sport truck!
By Will on 12/18/04 19:48 PM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 4dr Extended Cab SS AWD SB (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

I have only had the truck for a week, but I am very pleased with it so far. It is VERY comfortable to ride in. I especially like the heated leather seats. The Bose sound system is better than I expected. Even though this truck is not as powerful as a Lightning or the Ram SRT-10, it still gets up and moves for a 5K lb. truck. The 4.11 final drive, is a neck snapper with a VERY quick throttle response. It is a quick truck that unlike the Ford and the Dodge can be driven in the inclement weather.

WOW
By Chris on 12/11/04 18:49 PM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 4dr Crew Cab Z71 4WD SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

This is the first full sized truck I've purchased. I had a Dakota before this. The difference is amazing. The Silverado has incredible comfort even with the cloth interior. The seats are very supportive. The ride is smooth as well. The 5.3 V8 has exceptional power...and I get 17 mpg! Not bad.

The Best Truck
By Paul Kim on 12/04/04 19:33 PM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 4dr Extended Cab 4WD SB (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

I am glad I chose this truck over a Ford or a Dodge. I have never had any problems with it, and it has got good power, handling, and comfort. Chevy is right. This is the "Right Truck".