2005 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Silverado 1500 model:
2005 1500 Silverado CrewCab Z71 4x4
By rossn2 on 03/16/05 09:09 AM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 4dr Crew Cab Z71 4WD SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Getting right at 17mpg with the 5300V- 8. It should go up. I'll also change to synthetic oil in a couple thousand miles. I'm six foot and seat back so wish mirrors would extend more out so I'm not looking down side of truck. Also, the headrests are cheap. you just push them up and down, there's no release button to lock them at a set height. Dropped down from a 2500 series truck with Diesel engine, was tired of paying 15-20 cents extra a gallon of fuel. So far like the truck, first Chevy product. Rides smooth..

My First Truck
By blippo on 03/15/05 19:05 PM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 4dr Extended Cab Z71 4WD LB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

This is my first experience with owning a pick-up truck of any kind. I've owned my Silverado for a few months now. The first thing I noticed with the Silverado when I drove it the first time is it drove like a car. I was surprised how well it rode. It has all the room I need with the extended cab. I took it off-road briefly and it drove well. So far, I am very satisfied with it.

Great truck to buy
By thegerm63 on 02/26/05 15:06 PM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 4dr Extended Cab LS 4WD SB (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

This is my 4th chevy truck and I had a chance to get a Dodge for cost and passed it down. I like the Chevy for it reliabilty and comfort and knowing that it has not failed me. I wished they would have kept the folding console instead of the permanent one. love the automatic 4wd option. Wish I would have been told I could have bought it w/o the OnStar. I also was disappointed to have to purchase my own touch up paint should I need it. The engine is strong and the pick up power is superb. I like the room under the hood for working if needed and definetly love the easy oil change w/o the mess. Transmission have always held up strong for me and once warmed up shifting goes very quietly and timely

BartMans Z71 Silverodo
By Bart De Coro on 02/08/05 04:05 AM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 4dr Extended Cab Z71 4WD LB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

This truck is a looker! Good power. Fun to drive. Needs a better upgrade on the Bridgestone tires. Had defects in 200 miles. The ride is fairley smooth being a four wheel drive. XM Radio and OnStar is a must have! Got a pretty fair deal on this truck.

Vin's SS
By vince wright on 02/05/05 22:58 PM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 4dr Extended Cab SS AWD SB (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

Very fast and fun to drive.

Pleasures of a Chevy Silverado
By Richard Ward on 02/03/05 01:15 AM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 4dr Extended Cab Rwd LB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

The right balance for a good comfortable pickup. Quiet, comfortable, good gas milage and good looks.

Yes to SS!!!!!
By j. kugel on 01/19/05 19:49 PM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 4dr Extended Cab SS AWD SB (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

I need a truck. Three kids,so I needed a 4 door. I pull a boat, so I needed a truck that can haul the kids and a boat. This truck does it all day and it's a cool truck too. I can still go to the cruise nights with it too!!

First Class Truck
By Kirk Henry on 01/15/05 14:40 PM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 4dr Extended Cab SS AWD SB (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

First when you look at this truck it says top of the line. Then it says power. The handling of this truck is almost perfect. The seats fit like a glove. The ride is like no other truck I've ever driven before. And when I pass by people look and stare. That SS emblem says it all - top of the line Chevy Silverado. Some people says SS but i say SSS.

GM customers deserve better
By warren on 01/12/05 15:10 PM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 4dr Extended Cab LT 4WD SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I get around 15.5 mpg. It's comfortable to ride in. Wiper blades were shot after less than 20 hrs of use. Exterior paint scratches easily. For what I paid I am not happy. GM got more for thier money than I did. Putting new wiper blades on a new $34,000. dollar truck irks me to no end.

Better then I thought
By Thomas on 01/05/05 15:21 PM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 4dr Crew Cab LS Rwd SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I set out to by a f-150 crew cab or a nissan crew cab. Chevy was last on my list because of its physical appearance. However, after driving all three the chevy felt smoother and more comfortable. I'll take comfort and handling over exterior appearance any day.