2005 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Silverado 1500 model:
Chevy 4 wheel drive 5.3l V8
By Larry Knutson on 03/30/05 22:58 PM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 4dr Extended Cab LS 4WD LB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Excellent vehicle, great price, handling. Mileage is unbelievable 20 mpg on the highway, 17.5 in the city. Built tougher than a Ford and more reliable than a Dodge. Made in the USA.

2005 SS
By vince on 03/27/05 08:20 AM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 4dr Extended Cab SS AWD SB (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

I had a black 2004 SS and now have a black 2005 SS. Do I need to say more. My list of things I like is way to long so I will mention the few negative things I find wrong. 1st is mileage. 95% of my driving is is town. I added a jet performance chip again and a jet air cleaner trying to increase mileage and maybe 1/2 gl increase. I average 10.3-10.9 in town. Now I went to the desert a couple of weeks ago and when I got off at my exit I was at exactly 20.0 miles per gl. No traffic w/cruise control the entire way. I know it is a heavy truck but I still think they could do more in the horsepower department. All the rain this year here in SoCal. All wheel drive has been great. 20" wheels=nothing but bite

Silverado Truck
By Maxx on 03/26/05 06:08 AM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 4dr Extended Cab Rwd SB (4.3L 6cyl 4A)

I Own two Chevrolet trucks that are used in my contracting business. The quality and dependebility Of Chevrolet trucks is better than the Toyotas and Fords that I have owned. Chevrolet's Advertisement " like a rock" is very true. I used a 1992 Silverado in my business for eleven years without requiring anything but routine maintenence.

Silverado
By John J on 03/25/05 21:11 PM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 4dr Extended Cab LT 4WD SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

This truck rides better than most sedans I have owned. Very quiet inside, handles like a dream w/ the four wheel steering. Excellent manuvering through parking lots and tight spaces. I would put this truck against any import.

Great work truck
By Dave B on 03/25/05 19:50 PM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 2dr Regular Cab Work Truck Rwd LB (4.3L 6cyl 5M)

My 4.3 came with an automatic, a 40/20/40 cloth seat and not a whole lot else, pretty stripped down model. I got a better deal on the Chevy then any comparable Dodge or Ford. Nothing came close. I am a big man, and the truck fits me fine, handles well and is relatively easy to manuever. I had a Dodge van. The 4.3 is a far superior motor to the Dodge V6. The seats fit so much more comfortably than the ones in my wife's Explorer. Even lacking the amenities, this is a worktruck that you won't mind driving.

I'm still glad I bought it.
By Mark R.Wilson on 03/25/05 04:54 AM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 4dr Extended Cab SS AWD SB (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

It never slips on wet or dry pavement. 0-60 like an amusement ride. 60-90 OK. Very comfortable, stops on a dime. I get 15.2 mpg no matter what I'm doing. Turns heads. No other truck I found had both luxury and performance I'm a salesman and this truck has a good entertainment package.

New toy
By Cruz on 03/24/05 13:21 PM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 4dr Crew Cab LS 4WD SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I am still in AWE over the fact that a Crew Cab 4x4 w/ a 5.3L and 4.10 gears can get 15.5 MPG off the showroom floor.

Powerful Silverado
By Dean Files on 03/23/05 23:47 PM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 4dr Extended Cab LS 4WD LB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I have had several vehicles in my 22 years of driving. This is the first V8 that I have had since I was a teenager with a Z-28. My previous vehicle was an S-10 with the 195 hp V6. It ran great, but this Silverado has a deep throaty sound when you step on it, and has plenty of power to move it down the road. Its ride is far superior to some of the cars that I have owned. You can't beat the feeling of power under your hood. You may sacrifice gas mileage, but you make up for that with the safety. My boss has a Ram 150 4wd, and brags about its power. I can almost match his power and make him steam when I tell him how much I spend in fuel each week. Much less.

Great piece of machinery
By Lefty Files on 03/23/05 23:30 PM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 4dr Extended Cab LS 4WD LB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I enjoy having the power of a V8, as well as the size of my Silverado. It is very easy to operate and rides like my old Cadillac. So many changes in design and so many innovations make this the best vehicle that I have ever owned. It goes everywhere in 4wd. I am over 6 feet tall and the interior has plenty of room for me to move about. The safety features are top of the line, as well as the overall feeling af driving this truck. I treat it like I would my car, except that it is more powerfull and fun to drive.

This ones a keeper
By scooter758 on 03/19/05 19:18 PM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 4dr Crew Cab Z71 4WD SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

One of the most comftorable trucks I have driven in years. The 5.3L has more than enough power for both work and play, and even with the off road suspension package provides a comfortable enough ride for even long road trips.