Used 2005 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Chevrolet Silverado 1500

View reviews for a specific Silverado 1500 model:

Love my truck.
By Michael Rix

2005 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 4dr Crew Cab LS 4WD SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I prefer the"old" style interior. I think the space ship interiors of the titan and f150 are what turn me back to Chevy. Totally satisfied.

Favorite Features

Bose upgrade w/ XM radio.

Suggested Improvements

Lock for rear hatch door.

A step up
By Ben

2005 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 4dr Extended Cab LT 4WD SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I previously owned a 95 3/4 ton extended cab, 01 1/2 ton extended cab, and now a Z71 Silverado extended cab. This is by far the quitest, best riding of the three. Chevy just keeps getting better. I would enjoy a more attractive interior on the next model I purchase. I love the stereo system (Bose), but it is an option, not standard.

Favorite Features

Quiet, smooth ride for a truck

Suggested Improvements

Better interior. Only complaint I have.

Hamronic Vibration Truck
By Frank

2005 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 4dr Extended Cab Work Truck Rwd LB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

This is my 5th Chevrolet Truck since 1991, and it has given more trouble than the previous four put together. The dealer has not been able to fix any of the three major problems and Chevrolet will not take the vehicle back. The truck constantly vibrates at highway speeds, and the harmonic vibration greatly exaggerates minor bumps in the road. New tires have not made one bit of difference. Chevrolet is well aware of the problem, (calls it "BEAMING"). The truck has developed a whine in the differential, which the dealer cannot correct,(tells me it is normal) and the brakes shudder, which the dealer has tried to fix on two occasions without success. This will be my last GM vehicle ever.

Favorite Features

Nice roomy cab.

Suggested Improvements

Improve quality overall..go back to four wheel disk brakes and do something about the sloppy suspension. Toyota does not have to greatly discount their vehicles because they are perceived as quality. GM seems to be getting less quality parts from their suppliers than in the past.

My dream truck!
By Dave

2005 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 4dr Extended Cab SS AWD SB (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

I've wanted an SS ever since they unveiled the concept truck way back in 2000! I finally "took the plunge" back in July and man was it worth it!! This truck is awesome. Great performance, head-turning good looks and best of all it's a genuine Chevy (the ONLY true American car/truck company in my opinion!!). I would highly recommend springing for the optional tonneau cover for improved mpg! I also invested in a Line-X spray in bedliner right off the bat!

Favorite Features

Vortec 6000 High Output 6.0L V8 + All- Wheel Drive + 4.10 rearend = Smiles everytime I hit the gas!!!

Suggested Improvements

Autotrac 4x4 (for option 2wd when desired for better fuel economy). Factory optional supercharger! And ofcourse an optional 427 C5-R 7.0L performance engine package would have been insane! :)

Gotta Love It!
By 05Z71

2005 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 4dr Crew Cab Z71 4WD SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

If you want a real truck that can work, haul the kids, tow the boat and look good while your doing it--- This is the right pick. Just make sure you have a gas card because you will find yourself always wanting to go for a ride.

Favorite Features

The ride quality is great and the seats fit a guy that has a couple extra pounds unlike other new trucks. (haha)