Used 2005 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Silverado 1500 model:

Great Truck
By morgan

2005 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 4dr Crew Cab LT Rwd SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

This is one of the most comfortable and driver friendly vehicles I have ever owned. Before I got this truck I drove a Land Rover Discovery and my wife had a Lincoln Towncar, but never again. She drives this one and leaves the Lincoln in the yard. We are planning on getting her own in the near future.

XM,OnStar and the general reliability of this truck added to the comfort and ease of driving are our favorite features

A 60-40 seat in leather with lumbar and heat would be nice. We had to get the bucket seats which are very comfortable but we like being closer together

Way to go CHEVY!
By Drum Dawg

2005 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 4dr Extended Cab Rwd SB (4.3L 6cyl 4A)

This has been a great truck. Great gas mileage(20 MPG around town) and performance. The stepside looks great and the stock rims look nice! The front fold down bench seat is really useful! I have the 4.8 L and it has power to spare. It tows my car trailer with ease. I looked at all the brands over a couple of months and am glad that I picked a chevy.

Ability to spin the tires at will. ; )

Add ram air as an option.

11,000 Mile Rundown
By ChevyGuy

2005 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 4dr Extended Cab Z71 4WD SB (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

I must say that I am extremely happy that I bought my Silverado before GM decided to make them ugly for the '06 model year. The truck is doing fantastic. It is a joy to drive and has little malfunction. The transmission seems a little unsure but functions nonetheless. The mileage is good for the L33 engine and has plenty of range with the 26gal tank. The standard bridgestone dueler tires will throw all the rocks they come across so some ruberized undercoating wouldn't be a bad idea. I highly recommend the Z71 package, it came in really handy in about 14 inches of surface slop during the '05 whitetail season. It's a great truck overall, I cannot complain.

Bose stereo, XM, Heated leather bucket seats, Z71 Package, Auto dual climate, L33 5.3L V8, Power folding mirrors, and Auto transfer case -- A MUST HAVE!

Work on the transmission, it is a little rough in the shifts and has some linkage issues. How about a driver's side lighted vanity mirror... why not???

Love my truck.
By Michael Rix

2005 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 4dr Crew Cab LS 4WD SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I prefer the"old" style interior. I think the space ship interiors of the titan and f150 are what turn me back to Chevy. Totally satisfied.

Bose upgrade w/ XM radio.

Lock for rear hatch door.

A step up
By Ben

2005 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 4dr Extended Cab LT 4WD SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I previously owned a 95 3/4 ton extended cab, 01 1/2 ton extended cab, and now a Z71 Silverado extended cab. This is by far the quitest, best riding of the three. Chevy just keeps getting better. I would enjoy a more attractive interior on the next model I purchase. I love the stereo system (Bose), but it is an option, not standard.

Quiet, smooth ride for a truck

Better interior. Only complaint I have.

• SUV