2005 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 4.8L V8 4x4 4-speed Automatic 6.6 ft. Bed Consumer Review - 11,000 Mile Rundown

2005 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 - Consumer Review

2005 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 4dr Extended Cab Z71 4WD SB (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

11,000 Mile Rundown
By ChevyGuy on

2005 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 4dr Extended Cab Z71 4WD SB (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

I must say that I am extremely happy that I bought my Silverado before GM decided to make them ugly for the '06 model year. The truck is doing fantastic. It is a joy to drive and has little malfunction. The transmission seems a little unsure but functions nonetheless. The mileage is good for the L33 engine and has plenty of range with the 26gal tank. The standard bridgestone dueler tires will throw all the rocks they come across so some ruberized undercoating wouldn't be a bad idea. I highly recommend the Z71 package, it came in really handy in about 14 inches of surface slop during the '05 whitetail season. It's a great truck overall, I cannot complain.

Favorite Features

Bose stereo, XM, Heated leather bucket seats, Z71 Package, Auto dual climate, L33 5.3L V8, Power folding mirrors, and Auto transfer case -- A MUST HAVE!

Suggested Improvements

Work on the transmission, it is a little rough in the shifts and has some linkage issues. How about a driver's side lighted vanity mirror... why not???