Used 2005 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 SS Consumer Reviews - 20 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 SS - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Silverado 1500 model:

2005 Chevy SS
By wileyss

2005 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 SS 4dr Extended Cab SS AWD SB (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

At 111,000 miles, best vehicle i have ever owned. Sharp, snappy, and handles like a deram. No major issues other than my heater module has gone out twice. Bought this truck new from an older salesman. His piece of advice was to never sell this truck, and i wont. I live near Lake Tahoe and take this truck skiing often without worry. Have never been stuck. Pulls my enclosed trailer to Sturgis and is my daily commuter.

All

Gas mileage?

I still love this truck!
By MIZZSS

2005 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 SS 4dr Extended Cab SS AWD SB (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

Wow! Three years later and I still love everything about this truck. I love the handling, the sleek/tough look (mine is black). Can a truck be your bestfriend? Mine is, it's does what I need when I need, and is always willing to give me a lot more, if needed. This truck is one of the funniest vehicles I have driven.

Everything!

Supercharger!

I like it, I love it
By tripn3

2005 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 SS 4dr Extended Cab SS AWD SB (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

I love my SS. I did have a few issues with power but I added a raised plenum, a 8lb turbo boost,borla catback mandrel bent exhaust, and remapped and programmed the computer. I still get about 10 mpg around town and it now makes a awesome sound when you spool up the turbo. I havent really deove it in snow or anything as I live in Texas but the AWD sure helps with the traction. I'll say it again I love it.. Very very fast.

Seats are very comfortable and the looks are just right. Way better than the lightning and I have a back seat and can tow a 26 ft bay boat no problem.

Fix the speedometers! I only have 18k niles on mine and the speedo has been changed twice because the speedo quit working the first time and then the tach the second. More power options

One incredible truck
By David R

2005 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 SS 4dr Extended Cab SS Rwd SB (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

I've driven Chevy trucks all my life, and this one has got to be by far the best. Nice power and exceptional ride comfort from a truck are my top requirements, and this truck fills the bill nicely. After punishing this truck on the Million Dollar Highway, I rode away with a huge smile on my face. The tires stick like glue on wet/dry pavement and can easily climb any mountain with gobs of power to spare. Can tow 8,000 pounds with ease. While it may not be the absolute fastest truck, it is fast, it rides extremely well, is versatile, and will leave you with a great feeling.

Incredible handling, very comfortable ride, roomy, powerful, and head- turning good looks. Versatile: this truck has it all.

Lower it 2 more inches, increase power even more, and HID headlights.

Joe's Toy
By Joe Scarllett

2005 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 SS 4dr Extended Cab SS AWD SB (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

This is the most enjoyable ,fun, exciting rides that I have had in the 52 years that I have been driving cars and trucks. The only other ride that I can rate it with would be my '76 Harley !

All the bells and whistles.

Have the 4WD on thefly change at 30 mph or so.