2005 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 SS SS Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

Sort Reviews by

2005 Chevy SS
By wileyss

2005 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 SS 4dr Extended Cab SS AWD SB (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

At 111,000 miles, best vehicle i have ever owned. Sharp, snappy, and handles like a deram. No major issues other than my heater module has gone out twice. Bought this truck new from an older salesman. His piece of advice was to never sell this truck, and i wont. I live near Lake Tahoe and take this truck skiing often without worry. Have never been stuck. Pulls my enclosed trailer to Sturgis and is my daily commuter.

Favorite Features

All

Suggested Improvements

Gas mileage?

I still love this truck!
By MIZZSS

2005 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 SS 4dr Extended Cab SS AWD SB (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

Wow! Three years later and I still love everything about this truck. I love the handling, the sleek/tough look (mine is black). Can a truck be your bestfriend? Mine is, it's does what I need when I need, and is always willing to give me a lot more, if needed. This truck is one of the funniest vehicles I have driven.

Favorite Features

Everything!

Suggested Improvements

Supercharger!

I like it, I love it
By tripn3

2005 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 SS 4dr Extended Cab SS AWD SB (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

I love my SS. I did have a few issues with power but I added a raised plenum, a 8lb turbo boost,borla catback mandrel bent exhaust, and remapped and programmed the computer. I still get about 10 mpg around town and it now makes a awesome sound when you spool up the turbo. I havent really deove it in snow or anything as I live in Texas but the AWD sure helps with the traction. I'll say it again I love it.. Very very fast.

Favorite Features

Seats are very comfortable and the looks are just right. Way better than the lightning and I have a back seat and can tow a 26 ft bay boat no problem.

Suggested Improvements

Fix the speedometers! I only have 18k niles on mine and the speedo has been changed twice because the speedo quit working the first time and then the tach the second. More power options

One incredible truck
By David R

2005 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 SS 4dr Extended Cab SS Rwd SB (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

I've driven Chevy trucks all my life, and this one has got to be by far the best. Nice power and exceptional ride comfort from a truck are my top requirements, and this truck fills the bill nicely. After punishing this truck on the Million Dollar Highway, I rode away with a huge smile on my face. The tires stick like glue on wet/dry pavement and can easily climb any mountain with gobs of power to spare. Can tow 8,000 pounds with ease. While it may not be the absolute fastest truck, it is fast, it rides extremely well, is versatile, and will leave you with a great feeling.

Favorite Features

Incredible handling, very comfortable ride, roomy, powerful, and head- turning good looks. Versatile: this truck has it all.

Suggested Improvements

Lower it 2 more inches, increase power even more, and HID headlights.

Joe's Toy
By Joe Scarllett

2005 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 SS 4dr Extended Cab SS AWD SB (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

This is the most enjoyable ,fun, exciting rides that I have had in the 52 years that I have been driving cars and trucks. The only other ride that I can rate it with would be my '76 Harley !

Favorite Features

All the bells and whistles.

Suggested Improvements

Have the 4WD on thefly change at 30 mph or so.

My 2005 crew cab
By Roger Brinkmann

2005 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 SS 4dr Extended Cab SS AWD SB (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

I have not had any problems with this vehicle. It is good on gas if you don't step on the gas too hard when taking off from a stop. It could get better gas mileage on the interstate. Above 60 mph, gas mileage starts dropping

Favorite Features

Back windows roll down completely

Suggested Improvements

Change outside looks to look more like GMC

Luv my Chevy
By Chris Heidt

2005 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 SS 4dr Extended Cab SS Rwd SB (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

This is my first experence with a Chevrolet, and I couldn't be more pleased. The most pleasent riding and handling pickup I have owned, and the service I recieve from the dealer I bought it from so far has been outstanding. Buy American always.

Favorite Features

Too many to list

Suggested Improvements

Bed liner factory instaled.

My dream truck!
By Dave

2005 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 SS 4dr Extended Cab SS AWD SB (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

I've wanted an SS ever since they unveiled the concept truck way back in 2000! I finally "took the plunge" back in July and man was it worth it!! This truck is awesome. Great performance, head-turning good looks and best of all it's a genuine Chevy (the ONLY true American car/truck company in my opinion!!). I would highly recommend springing for the optional tonneau cover for improved mpg! I also invested in a Line-X spray in bedliner right off the bat!

Favorite Features

Vortec 6000 High Output 6.0L V8 + All- Wheel Drive + 4.10 rearend = Smiles everytime I hit the gas!!!

Suggested Improvements

Autotrac 4x4 (for option 2wd when desired for better fuel economy). Factory optional supercharger! And ofcourse an optional 427 C5-R 7.0L performance engine package would have been insane! :)

I love it!
By Bruce

2005 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 SS 4dr Extended Cab SS Rwd SB (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

Traded in my 2004 ZO6 for the SS. WOW, it is the best of both worlds. I can load the Harley and hook up the boat and off I go. I recommend this truck to everyone. I have all the comforts of a high end Caddilac and the performance of a sports car. It does drink gas but thats the price you pay for performance. Make sure to upgrade to the Bose and XM, you just cant beat it.

Favorite Features

Sunroof

Best truck
By Ryan B

2005 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 SS 4dr Extended Cab SS AWD SB (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

This truck is the best truck I have ever set foot in. Inside and out, this is a beautiful truck, from the 20 inch chrome rims, to the embroidered leather seats. This truck has pulling power, quickness, and very responsive steering. The only bad thing is the gas mileage, but what do you expect with an SS? I love this truck.

Favorite Features

All wheel drive, XM radio, 6.0 liter motor, 20" chrome rims, and towing package.

Suggested Improvements

Make the interior different than other Silverados.