Used 2005 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Work Truck Regular Cab Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Regular Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Silverado 1500 model:

Don't Buy
By tbeckys

2005 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Regular Cab 2dr Regular Cab Work Truck Rwd SB (4.3L 6cyl 5M)

We bought this truck and have had nothing but problems from the start. First the heater and air conditioning went out. Then the transmission is slipping. We can get the truck up to 70 mph and the front end feels like it is coming off. Shocks have been replaced. Tires are worn out at 9000 miles. Front and back end make a terrible creaking noise going over speed bumps or rr tracks and there is no end to what this truck has problems with. Chevy and GMC refuse to take care of the matters at all so we are stuck now with the worst truck we have ever owned! The 2007's are no better with the same problems as this truck has. I will never buy another one.

The seats

Everything! There are major problems with these trucks!

Worst Chevy Ever
By x chevy owner

I bought and payed for this Silverado thinking it would be a nice truck since I paid over 20k for it. Very basic no extra nothing and the ride was really bad. It started wiggling at 50mph! My wagon had a better ride. I was so disgusted that I let them have it back! Another ex-Chevy owner.

Good on a trip, 30 mpg

Not solid enough, ride is too stiff

Go to the Mall Work Truck
By tlc75372

Paid $12K in 1998 for a 4 cyl Ranger, $13K in an all day marathon deal in 2003 for a 4 cyl Frontier and $14K come and get it deal for a 2005 V6 Silvarado W/T. All had air and manual transission. Absolutely no comparison. The Chevy is full size and can comfortably cruise down the interstate with enough power to get around in traffic. Its fun to drive and its nimble for its size. Yes, its dated and gets about 3 mpg less, but as a comparable cost if not cheaper alternative to a compact 4 cyl work pickup, you just can't beat it. The classic truck feel worked out over the last 50 yrs just puts a smile in your face. Grandpa got it right.

Interior room, easy clutch and shifting, excelent steering feel, fantastic air, clean exterior styling

More standard goodies

2005 Silverado non HD Work Truck
By Robert Quinn

I purchased this truck for $14,500 brand new. I wanted a cheap, reliable truck - it's what I got! Im still breaking it in. Pretty nightmarish fuel mileage (about 12-13 in city - my Explorer does better!) The ride is a lot rougher then I could have imagined on a 2005. It's great fun to drive. I love the new car smell. The message center is smart and not annoying! I love the overall utility of this truck! I have to tell you no matter how popular this truck is, it's still an eye-catcher! Im a Ford guy - but I thought I'd give Chevy a shot on this one. Overall, I'm really happy with the purchase!

A lot of room under the hood. You could shove a small horse in the empty space around the Vortec 4300 4.3 V6. The A/C is awesome, very quick to supercool your blood. I love the grille - and the auto sensor lights just look cool. The auto airbag sensor isnt bad either - just hope it always works!.

12 mpg in city? Sticker says 16. I ask, which city? Make this ride a little less thirsty. Put a drop down armrest on the center of that bench.

Great
By kevin

This truck is great I purchased for under 19000 and it is better then any ford or dodge on the market today. it is great for working, around town, and other things I can count on it in any condition. and I love the A+ custumer serviece that I recieved.

My favorite features are the towing package, long bed, and I love the ABS which on fords is not reliable.

If possible which probably isn't you should make this truck better on gas.