2005 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Regular Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Silverado 1500 model:
Should not have bought this.
By Hodor on 02/28/10 19:28 PM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Regular Cab 2dr Regular Cab Work Truck Rwd LB (4.3L 6cyl 5M)

Should have gone with anyone but GM. Typical of the brand, speedometer doesn't work and no recall, service air bags notification on, needs third windshield, passenger door doesn't shut right, on third thermostat(non dealer this time), transmission slips but rarely, dealer tires didn't last any time at all. Little interior storage, glovebox doesn't hold much, will have to replace center seat with console storage. Good on gas mileage but V6 underpowered, computer wonky sometimes. Never been contacted about recall items.

My third one
By klj89 on 05/15/09 00:50 AM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Regular Cab 2dr Regular Cab Rwd SB (4.3L 6cyl 5M)

My fourth Chevy I have bought. Its reliable and tough. Also its good with gas. I will always buy Chevy

Like it, Love it?
By Chevybilt on 01/28/09 20:47 PM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Regular Cab 2dr Regular Cab Rwd SB (4.3L 6cyl 5M)

Best truck I have ever owned! Biggest guts for a 6cyl. I have driven! Only flaw is hates snow! This truck would get stuck in flurries. Does great in rain and corners like a bike, almost. But snow is not our friend we are finding out!

2005 Chevy Work Truck 5 speed Manual LB
By Jim on 09/03/08 20:07 PM (PDT)

Great MPG in a full size truck. At 76000 miles a proven winner. Too bad Chevy didn't think to make a 2008 stick version.

2005 Chevy Work Truck 5 speed Manual LB
By 2doorpost on 03/30/08 22:26 PM (PDT)

This is the best truck I've ever owned (out of 10 Chevys) V6 with the 5 speed gets 24-25 MPG on the freeway. A few minor things went wrong- all fixed by the dealer. Truck has nearly 70000 miles now- runs like new and looks new. Still running on the original tires and brakes, all still good.

05 W/T Silverado
By Jim on 03/20/08 09:07 AM (PDT)

Bought new as a commuter truck. Great gas mileage and reliability. 24 plus MPG HWY. Excellent service at nearly 70,000 miles. Original brakes- tires -shocks. Just grease and oil changes here. Truck was $13,206 new. Dirt cheap to buy, operate, and own. Great resale if I decide to sell.

Don't Buy
By tbeckys on 03/17/08 18:34 PM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Regular Cab 2dr Regular Cab Work Truck Rwd SB (4.3L 6cyl 5M)

We bought this truck and have had nothing but problems from the start. First the heater and air conditioning went out. Then the transmission is slipping. We can get the truck up to 70 mph and the front end feels like it is coming off. Shocks have been replaced. Tires are worn out at 9000 miles. Front and back end make a terrible creaking noise going over speed bumps or rr tracks and there is no end to what this truck has problems with. Chevy and GMC refuse to take care of the matters at all so we are stuck now with the worst truck we have ever owned! The 2007's are no better with the same problems as this truck has. I will never buy another one.

2005 Chevy Work Truck 5 speed Manual
By Jim on 03/13/08 22:54 PM (PDT)

A review 3 years down the road for my 2005 Silverado. The old warrior has done great 24-25 MPG highway. Dependable. Comfortable. I drove this truck on 2 500 mile trips non stop with no driver fatigue. This truck was the bottom end 13206 price leader back in 05 when they couldn't give them away (like now) It had 3 issues- the steering shaft- finally got fixed free at 60000 miles/ the heater control assembly, at 36000 miles, and the recirc emissions valve on top of the gas tank at 36000 miles. The truck still has its original tires , brakes and shocks, all in good working order. Clutch works fine. Now it's trade in time. Again, Silverado

05 Work Truck-5 speed
By Jim on 03/10/08 19:56 PM (PDT)

Purchased at year end as a $13,206 dollar closeout. No A/C cheap truck. Excellent value for the money- I'm into the third year on this truck and its still getting 25 MPG, Repair issues (2) were covered by Chevy (Steering link bad and emissions valve on gas tank) Way past 36k cut off on warranty. Truck is driven freeway only. Still has its original tires brakes and shocks. All still good at 70k miles. Would buy another if they made it in a stick. They don't.

Worst Chevy Ever
By x chevy owner on 08/16/07 20:39 PM (PDT)

I bought and payed for this Silverado thinking it would be a nice truck since I paid over 20k for it. Very basic no extra nothing and the ride was really bad. It started wiggling at 50mph! My wagon had a better ride. I was so disgusted that I let them have it back! Another ex-Chevy owner.