Used 2005 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LS Extended Cab Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Extended Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Silverado 1500 model:

Love It!
By Todd Hime

2005 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Extended Cab 4dr Extended Cab LS Rwd SB (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

I bought it used with 15000 miles and it great. Ride is nice, it is loaded with options.

OnStar, 6 disc CD changer, auto climate control, 4dr, XM radio

I have not found any yet.

Pretty Good Truck
By johnnyelcamino

Had two Tundra's prior to this purchase, but we had a 1997 Chevy one ton prior to that we called MONSTRO. Toyota has lost their mind on haggling, we loved the Tundra but no deal, we walked out mad. We stopped by the Chevy dealer and got a heck of a deal with the employee pricing.(20k paided on a 29k truck.) So far its a good truck, and it gets better mileage than my old V6 Tundra, 17 and 22.

Engine is strong, and good on gas. Good underbody.

Interior needs upgrade. Hear a gurgle in the AC. Smooth out the ride.

The best truck yet
By travisaz

This is my 3rd Chevy truck and this is the best by far. I have more than enough power to get up and move (More than fFrd and Dodge). I have lots of room for passengers (More than Ford or Dodge). I really love this truck. No problems as of yet.

The 4.8l engine, comfort, room, towing, climbing of mountains

Put disc brakes on the rear.

Wow!
By moning

The ride is smooth, and seating is great. My back doesn't hurt on long drives. It's powerful for what I do. It has better gas mileage than my trade-in did, and it was a 2004 Frontier. The steering is light and quick. Large mirrors enable me to see other traffic with less blind spots. It's a great truck. I really like it.

The new style front end and the daylight driving lights. The AM/FM cassette and DVD player combo

Larger tires. The cruise control stalk should be smoother at the end. It has a sharp edge and is annoying when you engage the cruise control

Could not believe it
By rks

I was going to buy an F-150, Toyota, or Nissan full size. When I began to compare I could not get over the size, comfort and fuel economy of the Silverado compared to the others. Best in fuel economy. I use the truck to commute and do small hauls. I average 18.5 hotshoting and 21 mpg on the road. I bought Chevy 20" rims and put a color coded bed cover and does it look great. All others could not touch the economy, not even Toyota. The wind and road noise in the others was annoying. We use the truck more than the car. The 4.8 has incredible power.

Quiet, smooth, quality, economy.

This truck needs a sun roof to really touch it off. Also, put the XM and OnStar antenna somewhere else out of sight.