Used 2005 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Base Extended Cab Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Extended Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Silverado 1500 model:

Way to go CHEVY!
By Drum Dawg

2005 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Extended Cab 4dr Extended Cab Rwd SB (4.3L 6cyl 4A)

This has been a great truck. Great gas mileage(20 MPG around town) and performance. The stepside looks great and the stock rims look nice! The front fold down bench seat is really useful! I have the 4.8 L and it has power to spare. It tows my car trailer with ease. I looked at all the brands over a couple of months and am glad that I picked a chevy.

Ability to spin the tires at will. ; )

Add ram air as an option.

Woodworking Vehicle Needed
By Bob

So far the truck has been very enjoyable and has done what was asked of it, hauling, towing, trips, carrying passengers. I do hope that a true hybrid is in the works as I'll keep this one until a higher mileage big truck is available.

Front seats. Adjustable and comfortable.

I like the styling of the 2001 better-- cleaner front grill without the frown. The 6 1/2' bed is too short yet the 8' w/extra cab too long--try 7. Need true hybrid. Being in the trade need incorporated shell/side doors and lockable weather proof back (like the old Helm's Bakery Trucks with 01 look.

Silverado Truck
By Maxx

I Own two Chevrolet trucks that are used in my contracting business. The quality and dependebility Of Chevrolet trucks is better than the Toyotas and Fords that I have owned. Chevrolet's Advertisement " like a rock" is very true. I used a 1992 Silverado in my business for eleven years without requiring anything but routine maintenence.

Powerful engine and comfortable interior.

You can't improve a perfect truck.