2005 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Extended Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Silverado 1500 model:
Not a bad truck at 5 years old.
By Trenton on 08/31/10 01:16 AM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Extended Cab 4dr Extended Cab Z71 4WD SB (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

Recently bought my 2005 ext-cab Z71 silverado 1500 a few months ago, used with 90,000 miles on it. I'm the second owner. Good things: Engine is still very quiet and runs smooth for having 90K on it, great on gas, ride is smooth, 4wd still works, interior in great shape, no electrical or steering problems. Overall still a great truck inside and out. Bad things: Doors rattle a little when driving over rough bumps, transmission shifts hard into 3rd gear and makes a "smack" sound. A/C makes weird gurgle sounds after I turn it off.

First Chevy Truck
By T. Gregory on 01/03/10 15:31 PM (PST)

Bought this Z71 used w/26000 miles, never had a Chevy truck before, thought I'd try one. The ride is pretty smooth, kinda like a car. I like the leather seats, they are very comfortable. The truck hauls my boat, 21ft Chaparral with no problems and the truck looks great. Has plenty of room in the back seat for the kiddo's and adults. The satellite radio is great as well as the onstar and built in phone. Have had no issues with anything, everything works and the truck runs like a top. Gas mileage is on par for a full size truck 15/17.

Worst Truck Ever
By X Chevy Fan on 09/23/09 02:14 AM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Extended Cab 4dr Extended Cab Work Truck Rwd SB (4.3L 6cyl 4A)

I hate this truck. I bought this truck Brand New. Have had it for 3 yrs now. The day after I bought it the ac blower resister, blower motor and resistor pigtail burn out... at 34 miles. At around 14000 miles, the ignition coil goes out. The list goes on and on. Now have 51000 on it and I have replaced the ac electrical parts 5 times, one tranny, starter, alternator, water pump, fuel pump, and countless bulbs. And the instrument cluster went out at around 39000. GM still refuses to replace mine. Been over a year and a half without speedo. Last but not least, the spare tire carrier got jammed. Had to use a cutting torch. Will never buy another. EVER!!!! Next one will be a Toyota .

My 11th Chevy Truck
By classic1957gal on 07/14/09 01:27 AM (PDT)

My 2005 Ext Cab is the 11th Chevy truck I've owned (not counting Blazers; have had 4 of them); some I bought new, others used, and tho I tried another brand once, I'll always come back to a Chevy! This truck, like the others, has been a great all- around vehicle to own and drive. Love the style (inside & out), ride, performance and for a 4-wheel drive and my heavy foot, it gets great gas mileage. I can't imagine myself or either of my sons without a "bowtie" in our driveways! That says a lot since I was raised in a "blue oval" family.

A dissappointment
By timbuktu on 08/29/07 10:56 AM (PDT)

After having owned Chevy/GMC trucks most of my life, most of them used, I looked forward to a new, fully equipped version. I was disappointed in the quality of this vehicle. The roof is so thin, it "oilcans" constantly if the wind blows. Multiple trips to the dealer were required to quiet most of window the leaks. Repairs have been required to the drive train, the electrical system, the brakes and the steering system. All after the minimal warranty expired. I'm trading this one in. Too much attention to the excellent bells and whistles and not enough on reliability and "truckness".

This truck can't be beat!
By chevy guy on 06/14/07 13:41 PM (PDT)

I have owned this truck for a little less than 2 years and have put a little over 30,000 miles on it. It's the vehicle that I use every day and I can honestly say it is the best vehicle I have ever owned. It is a capable and comfortable truck that has been nothing but reliable since the day I bought it. All I have ever done is keep up with the regular servicing and it has never failed me. It has good power (5.3 V8 with 3:42 rear end) and returns a combined 17 mpg city/hwy mix all the time! The only problem I have had is that the "Z71" decals began to peel. These were replaced under warranty. That has been the only repair. Resale is very good too! Chevy has my repeat business for sure!!

My First Truck
By msgt_gibson on 04/21/07 20:38 PM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Extended Cab 4dr Extended Cab Work Truck Rwd LB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

The 2005 Chevy Silverado is my very first truck. It rides good and I've had no problems with it. There have been no extra costs outside of routine maintenance. The V6 has sufficient power for my needs. The back seat of the extended cab has adequate space for supplies but is a tight fit for adults. Overall, I'm happy with the purchase.

The Rock!
By jsp_parrish on 11/17/06 10:35 AM (PST)

I love this truck. I have a 10 year plan for it. I push snow with it, pull a heavy trailer, and carry the family around. Can't get any better than this.

Good truck
By Kurt H on 09/10/06 14:21 PM (PDT)

I've now owned my Z71 for a little over a year and in general, I'm quite pleased. The engine runs beautifully and sounds as good as it did on day one. The interior and exterior look great with minimal maintenance. We only have one child, and this truck serves as the family vehicle,which it does pretty well. Frankly, with a baby seat in the middle of the back seat, safety for my infant is not a worry and it fits nicely.

Love It!
By Todd Hime on 09/05/06 17:43 PM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Extended Cab 4dr Extended Cab LS Rwd SB (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

I bought it used with 15000 miles and it great. Ride is nice, it is loaded with options.