2005 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Crew Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Silverado 1500 model:
dont buy a chevey truck
By mattcmore82 on 06/04/11 12:36 PM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab LS Rwd SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I bought a 2005 chevey silverado crew cab with 52k on it and have had one problem after another. All problems were descibed as very common to fix buy the chevey dealer. I have a very noisy rattling from under the sterrling colum also rattling from the a/c vents and lots of interior lights going out all the time. The dealer told me to fix all these common problems it would be about 1000$. These problems are small but every expensive to fix. I have also had problems with the factory cd player/radio making a buzzing noise threw all speakers and the cd player doesn't even work.

My favorite of 8 trucks
By RIck in Houston on 08/02/09 15:47 PM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab LS Rwd SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I've owned 8 GM manufactured pickup trucks since about 1990. They all performed well. Based on my experience, I wouldn't consider another brand. But of all of the trucks I've owned, the '05 crew cab is by far my favorite. Little things like dual thermostat, 60/40 split front seat, e/q for stereo & more made this truck a bargain. I bought it new, changed the oil, put 2 sets of tires on it & one battery. That has been the extent of my maintainence. Runs like a top, great on gas, what can I say? I hate to let her go, but it's time for a new one.

Love my Silverado!
By LizC864 on 05/02/07 09:30 AM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab LS Rwd SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Best vehicle I ever owned. We recently bought a new Honda Odyssey and I drove it for a month before giving hubby the van and taking my Silverado back. There was nothing wrong with the Honda, it's a great vehicle, but I just love my truck.

Lemon, Lemon, Lemon
By jmnjr on 04/10/07 22:12 PM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab LS Rwd SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Chevrolet has no quality in this truck. Intermediate shaft changed 3 times. Gear assembly changed 5 times, power steering pump changed twice. Front end sounds like it is getting ready to fall off. Tires had to replaced at 15,000 miles due to terrible front end.

Nice Truck
By nagyflys on 09/23/06 12:26 PM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab LS Rwd SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Bought the Chevy a few months ago, and just love it. Haven't had a problem with it yet, knock on wood. Real fun to drive.

2005 Silverado Crew Cab
By djdizee on 06/22/06 13:14 PM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab LS Rwd SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Awesome truck! The only thing I wasn't pleased with was the comfort of the seats on a long trip but any seat would be uncomfortable on a long trip. Was in a major, frontal car accident with this truck and it was the only thing that saved my life!

Best Truck I've Owned
By Bruce B. on 05/08/06 11:31 AM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab LS Rwd SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I've owned a few Ford trucks and one Dodge truck. The ride of those doesn't compare to the smoothnest of the Chevy Silverado crew cab. Smooth ride, roomy interior. Nothing rattles or squeaks. It's just a very well put together truck.

Bubba's Work Truck
By Bubba on 05/07/06 04:59 AM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab LS Rwd SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I have been more than pleased with my truck. I have gotten an average of 19 mpg since the truck was purchased and for the way I drive that is great! Even while pulling a load, it has not seemed to effect the milage in any big way. Only thing that has ever erked me was the top speed limit. Plenty of power and performance but a limit of 104. Then again, that may be a good thing.

Nice Truck
By nagyflys on 04/17/06 14:37 PM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab LS Rwd SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

This is my first Chevy truck. I'm very pleased with it. I haven't had it very long so I dont know how the build quality is or the reliability. Hopefully good.

Best One
By gman on 12/05/05 21:03 PM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab LS Rwd SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Power of a sports car power to tow 9500lbs up Smokey mountain. Smooth as a car. Great gas mileage with v8,roomy just the best.