Used 2005 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LS Crew Cab Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific Silverado 1500 model:

dont buy a chevey truck
By mattcmore82

2005 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab LS Rwd SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I bought a 2005 chevey silverado crew cab with 52k on it and have had one problem after another. All problems were descibed as very common to fix buy the chevey dealer. I have a very noisy rattling from under the sterrling colum also rattling from the a/c vents and lots of interior lights going out all the time. The dealer told me to fix all these common problems it would be about 1000$. These problems are small but every expensive to fix. I have also had problems with the factory cd player/radio making a buzzing noise threw all speakers and the cd player doesn't even work.

none

the consol in the center of the driver seat and the front passenger seat open back not to the right so the driver and the passenger and retrieve things from the consol, much better eletrical wiring and components and just not such a cheaply made truck

My favorite of 8 trucks
By RIck in Houston

2005 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab LS Rwd SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I've owned 8 GM manufactured pickup trucks since about 1990. They all performed well. Based on my experience, I wouldn't consider another brand. But of all of the trucks I've owned, the '05 crew cab is by far my favorite. Little things like dual thermostat, 60/40 split front seat, e/q for stereo & more made this truck a bargain. I bought it new, changed the oil, put 2 sets of tires on it & one battery. That has been the extent of my maintainence. Runs like a top, great on gas, what can I say? I hate to let her go, but it's time for a new one.

see review

none

Love my Silverado!
By LizC864

2005 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab LS Rwd SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Best vehicle I ever owned. We recently bought a new Honda Odyssey and I drove it for a month before giving hubby the van and taking my Silverado back. There was nothing wrong with the Honda, it's a great vehicle, but I just love my truck.

Body style and comfort. It's a truck that rides like a luxury car.

Make the long bed available for the 1500. That's my only gripe, the bed is too short and I couldn't have gotten a long bed unless I bought a 2500 or higher, which I couldn't afford or justify for my lifestyle.

Lemon, Lemon, Lemon
By jmnjr

2005 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab LS Rwd SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Chevrolet has no quality in this truck. Intermediate shaft changed 3 times. Gear assembly changed 5 times, power steering pump changed twice. Front end sounds like it is getting ready to fall off. Tires had to replaced at 15,000 miles due to terrible front end.

Interior is great. Bose stereo system and controls on steering wheel are great.

Front end need a total overhaul.

Nice Truck
By nagyflys

2005 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab LS Rwd SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Bought the Chevy a few months ago, and just love it. Haven't had a problem with it yet, knock on wood. Real fun to drive.

5.3L V8, just awesome

Nothing really. You can hear the A/C gurgle sometimes. Other than that, nothing really