Used 2005 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LT Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific Silverado 1500 model:

Great Truck
By morgan

2005 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 4dr Crew Cab LT Rwd SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

This is one of the most comfortable and driver friendly vehicles I have ever owned. Before I got this truck I drove a Land Rover Discovery and my wife had a Lincoln Towncar, but never again. She drives this one and leaves the Lincoln in the yard. We are planning on getting her own in the near future.

XM,OnStar and the general reliability of this truck added to the comfort and ease of driving are our favorite features

A 60-40 seat in leather with lumbar and heat would be nice. We had to get the bucket seats which are very comfortable but we like being closer together

Great Truck
By JB

2005 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 4dr Crew Cab LT Rwd SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

By far the best truck I drove. I have a 5600lb boat and I don't even know its behind me most of the time. Great room inside and more standard features than Dodge or Ford. I LOVE my truck

Dual zone air. Bose stereo. OnStar

If it ain't broke, don't fix it

Poorly made truck
By J Ballard

2005 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 4dr Crew Cab LT Rwd SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I only have 1100 miles on my truck and it already has major problems! I've been into the dealership several times and they say theres nothing they can do and GM won't do anything either. The interior is CHEAP, the climate control has electrical problems, the truck leans noticibly to one side,& the transmission has major issues. It clunks & slams into gear like a 20 yr old truck. The leather has more defects than I can count. I am very sorry I bought this truck. I feel like I am stuck with a lemon.

The XM radio and sound system are nice.

At 9-10 mpg, gas mileage could be better. Transmission issues need to be worked out (dealer said its a common complaint)and electronic problems with climate control need to be corrected. (My previous GM product had problems with climate control also-guess its an ongoing problem).