2004 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Consumer Review: One weird Chevy

2004 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 - Consumer Review

One weird Chevy
By Ryan on

2004 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 2dr Regular Cab Rwd LB (4.3L 6cyl 5M)

We had bought this truck as a replacement for the car we had. We live in the mountains of Colorado and had a few problems with the factory tires and ice. We changed them out for snow tires or all weather tires and have not had an issue since. The real weirdness started when cyl #1 was acting up. I was on my way back to the dealership with a full load driving across country and I was getting nearly 35MPG with a half functioning piston! The dealer stated that the piston had shattered (after much waiting for warrenty work) and was to be replaced. Since then the truck has gone back to its 21MPG and worked fine! Other than powertrain problems I haven't had any other issues and rate it high.

Body style. Handling while in skids. The engine is a bit small but it is a v6 so I can't complain too much there. For what we paid for it we have a good vehicle

I have a WT package. I have no room for anything in the cab other than me. If possible raise the seats up so that items can be put under the seats, I needed an additional half inch to do what I really needed with it. The limited slip also needs work, it seems to engage at random if one wheel slips.