Never had any Chevy before
By Scott M on
2004 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 2dr Regular Cab LS 4WD SB (4.8L 8cyl 4A)
The best truck I have owned. A very comfortable ride even on long drives. My wife likes the ride better then her 2002 Altima, now it's always "Mind if I use the truck today?" Great power-5.3L V8. Gas Mileage is adequate for the motor size. I put a tonneau cover on, gas mileage improved about 4 mpg. Interior is a little noisy, road noise, sounds like a door or window is open a little, when they are not. Doors have a tendency to not close fully unless slammed. I put covers on the seats right away though, the cloth in a truck is going to take a beating. The color: Silver-Birch with the factory chrome wheels is awesome. Literaly bought this one off the showroom floor.
Favorite Features
Seat comfort, Heated mirrors, Sound system, Frigid A/C, Chrome bumpers. Towing capacity.
Suggested Improvements
Larger tire size - 265 instead of 245, Lift the front end a little to remove some of the forward dip. A Leather seat option. Many trucks are used for plowing here in the North East, possibly have the taillights and headlights designed to allow pockets for "hidden" strobe light assemblies.