Great Truck, Best for the money!!!
By Hoosier Shaun on
2004 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 2dr Regular Cab Rwd LB (4.3L 6cyl 5M)
4.8 V8 is tough, just as good as the 5.3 minus the extra torque. I test drove the V6 and found it to be poor. Wish I had a back cab at times, but the tonneau cover does fine when i strap things in. Bought this truck used with 20K on it. Haven't done much to it except air and oil filters/oil. The previous owner installed performance exhaust which roars and gives extra HP. I put on 17" 2007 avalanche wheels and 265 70 R A/T tires. Put on rear air lift suspension (airbags) and have been hauling anything from dirt, rock, stone, furniture, appliances, and tow a 5250lb boat/trailer. Its a half ton but with the bags i can easily load 1750 as i have scaled it at landscape vehicle scale.
Favorite Features
RELIABILITY!!! Takes a beating, very quick, good on gas for its rated HP/Torque, shines nice when its clean when im out on the town
Suggested Improvements
I wish the truck had sliding back window and the optional fold down middle seat organizer. In winter, about 6-12 times i wish i have 4 wheel drive but found it wouldn't be worth it. I load it with salt and it does fine.