2004 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Consumer Review: Great Truck!

2004 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Extended Cab - Consumer Review

Great Truck!
By BLS1Golf on

2004 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 4dr Extended Cab LT Rwd SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

This is my fourth Chevy truck since 1997. I absolutely love it. It has a very strong engine and great ride. Drives very heavy, which is good also. Love all the features as does my wife. Came out of reg cab 4wd and enjoy the extra room. Gets much better gas mileage than the 4wd. I average about 18.4 mpg. In contrast, my wife has an Explorer and I can 't get but 16.5 out of it with a V6 and lighter vehicle. Highly recommed the truck. Ready for an interior upgrade. The new Ford really looks nice as does the Nissan. The '07 update should be great and I bet will blow those two away.

The comfortable seats and the great power of the engine. Also, the mileage has been a great surprise. Looks aggressive coming at you, and I like that.

Time for an interior update to keep up with Ford and Nissan. I am sure the upcoming '07 change will address that. Also, get rid of the vinyl rear seats. Put leather seating surfaces back there too!