Go Buy One!
By The "Bruggy Man" on
2004 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 4dr Crew Cab LS Rwd SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)
I upgraded to this vehicle from a '99 Ext. Cab GMC Sierra. I love having four "real" doors, especially when you have a two year old daughter to buckle in a car seat. The additional cabin space in the back seat is well worth the sacrifice of eight inches of bed space. The 5.3 litre V8 is smooth as glass. There is also great visibility when looking out the side windows and back window. The current rebates and discounts are incredible! I bought this vehicle for $1,200 less than I paid for my '99 model brand new.
Favorite Features
The 5.3 litre engine is great. The vehicle is very quiet. I love the Silver Birch color. It is like driving a Tahoe with a bed on the back. The LS model comes nicely equipped with just about everything you need.
Suggested Improvements
GM needs to select a better grade of tires for its vehicles. I noticed a significan vibration when drivnig at speeds of 40-45 during the test drive. I had the dealer balance all four tires. It did not help! I replaced the the General Tires with Cooper's the next day. Problem solved!