2004 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 5.3L V8 4x4 4-speed Automatic 6.6 ft. Bed Consumer Review - Former Ford Owner

2004 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Extended Cab - Consumer Review

2004 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 4dr Extended Cab LT 4WD SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Former Ford Owner
By Northwoods on

2004 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 4dr Extended Cab LT 4WD SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I have previously owned 3 new Ford F- 150's. I was looking for a change. I went to the Toyota dealer to buy a Tundra. I was not impressed with the ride and comfort of the Toyota. I was on my way to buy another Ford. I passed a Chevy Dealership and took a test drive. I was very very impressed with the size and comfort of the Silverado. You can actually put people in the back seat. P.S. My wife loves it. Finally, I tow a 23 foot boat and this truck just eats up the hills. Great vehicle for work and comfort, the combination can't be beat.

Favorite Features

Power and Comfort. The 5.3 is the only way to go. It rides like a Limo. The push button 4WD with Auto is great. I also recommend limited-slip. It really helps when towing on gravel.

Suggested Improvements

It took 2 trips to the dealership to fix a rattle in the passanger door. It appears that many trucks have this problem. Now it's fine. The rear seat folds up. It would be an improvement if the rear seat folded down to make an even platform like my Ford did.