Used 2004 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Chevrolet Silverado 1500

View reviews for a specific Silverado 1500 model:

A Real Truck
By David C.

2004 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 4dr Extended Cab LS Rwd SB (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

This truck is all it can be. The comfort is better than expected. Reliability has been awesome.

Favorite Features

The layout of interior and center console is nicely done.

Suggested Improvements

Go back to locks on passenger doors.

Great truck
By JeffH07

2004 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 4dr Crew Cab LS Rwd SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I've owned 6 Silverado's over the last 15 years. this truck has been one of the best I owned. A lot of room for the kids, and very smooth ride. This truck had one problem that would not go away even after four visit's to the dealership, a rattle in the steering column. The only reason that I'm trading this in is to get a 1500HD to pull our new RV. Also all my brothers and my brother-in- laws are ford pickup guys but I'd rather drive a truck than a pickup.

Favorite Features

My favorite feature would have to be four doors, and the great gas mileage.

Suggested Improvements

Chevrolet should have put the 17" and 18" wheels for this year model and went with a full size short bed instead of cutting it down.

2004 Z-71 Crew Cab
By nomorechevy

2004 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 4dr Crew Cab Z71 4WD SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Have had the truck at the dealership for a total of 15 days. We are on the 3rd steering shaft; it drives like a golf cart. Makes a popping noise when turning but only if it's over 70 degrees outside. Steering wheel squeaks when the turn signal is on.

Favorite Features

Love the OnStar and sattelite radio.

Suggested Improvements

Change the steering to a rack and pinion.

A Quality Truck
By Rob

2004 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 4dr Extended Cab Rwd SB (4.3L 6cyl 4A)

I have owned many Chevrolets in my life and this truck is one of my favorites. The ride is nice and the power is unmatched by many other trucks offered by other brands. The style is unlike any other truck. Chevrolet is doing a good job of putting out quality trucks. I use my truck for work and I am never disapointed. I take it for long trips and stay comfortable and never worry about breaking down.

Favorite Features

My favorite feature is the exterior look of the truck. It is unlike any other brand model.

Suggested Improvements

The only improvement needed is better gas mileage,and better design on the interior.

Never had any Chevy before
By Scott M

2004 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 2dr Regular Cab LS 4WD SB (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

The best truck I have owned. A very comfortable ride even on long drives. My wife likes the ride better then her 2002 Altima, now it's always "Mind if I use the truck today?" Great power-5.3L V8. Gas Mileage is adequate for the motor size. I put a tonneau cover on, gas mileage improved about 4 mpg. Interior is a little noisy, road noise, sounds like a door or window is open a little, when they are not. Doors have a tendency to not close fully unless slammed. I put covers on the seats right away though, the cloth in a truck is going to take a beating. The color: Silver-Birch with the factory chrome wheels is awesome. Literaly bought this one off the showroom floor.

Favorite Features

Seat comfort, Heated mirrors, Sound system, Frigid A/C, Chrome bumpers. Towing capacity.

Suggested Improvements

Larger tire size - 265 instead of 245, Lift the front end a little to remove some of the forward dip. A Leather seat option. Many trucks are used for plowing here in the North East, possibly have the taillights and headlights designed to allow pockets for "hidden" strobe light assemblies.