2004 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Silverado 1500 model:
04 Work truck
By tomwalshco on 10/10/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 2dr Regular Cab Work Truck 4WD SB (4.3L 6cyl 5M)

Stylish, easy interior controls, decent sound system for stock.

Fun Fantasy
By David A Clawson on 10/09/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 4dr Extended Cab 4WD LB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I have always wanted to own a truck. Now that I'm retired, I finally have one and I love it. I use it to pull a pop-up camper that I used to pull with my wife's Trailblazer. Although the Trailblazer did good, the Silverado is excellent! You don't even know it's there. The only problem I have is my wife wants to drive it all the time (her Trailblazer is an '02 LTZ with all the goodies)! The mileage is not great but is better than I expected, even when pulling the pop-up. If the cost of repairs matches the Trailblazer, I will be happy.

GM Excellence?
By jdfosterdad on 10/09/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 4dr Extended Cab 4WD LB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

1. We had engine performance issues from the start. The computer was reflashed 3 times. 2. At about 45,000 the engine began to knock when first started in the morning which sounded like piston slap, at 75,000 it was getting hard to start and compression on 3 cylinders was measured at 70-75 pounds. The motor had to be replaced. Since the motor, the transmission has had to be replaced. 3. We had performance issues, engine problems because of a poorly designed pistons and transmission failure, all were asked to be addressed under warranty and promises were made and in the end ignored. 4. Would I by another Silverado? I,ve been a GM customer for 30 years and can safely say NOWAY!!!!!

2004 Z71
By dunc on 10/08/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 4dr Extended Cab Z71 4WD SB (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

Traded in my 03 Pathfinder so I could haul my boat. Hauls good, wish I had gone with the 5.3L towing package. Clunking noise in transmission gets crazy - dealership says Chevy has designed a new slip yolk to rid of this noise (we'll see). Overall a great purchase

this truck
By pimprod on 10/08/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 4dr Extended Cab SS AWD SB (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

this truck is kind of fats but it could use some more horespower it is down on the competion it needs a supercharger and it need not to be a awd truck

2004 review
By goshad on 10/06/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 4dr Extended Cab LS Rwd SB (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

love the acceleration and reliability. Fuel economy is better than I thought too. One big problem is that the roof flexes when traveling at highway speeds. Also had noticeable wind noise from rear window that dealer had to fix. Wish the interior was more lively, like the white face Dodge dials or Ford's new interior.

Best truck
By revolver on 10/05/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 4dr Crew Cab Z71 4WD SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

this is one of the best trucks that i have ever owned!!!

Awesome BLack Chevy
By Dwayne Strang on 10/03/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 2dr Regular Cab LS Rwd SB (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

Awesome looking truck and very powerful. Looks awesome black with the chrome package.

1500 crew/ls/z-71
By hillman1 on 09/28/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 4dr Crew Cab Z71 4WD SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

bought truck 1 week ago. Vast improvement over x-cab for hauling passengers. Truck averaged 18.1 MPG on computer on 1000 mile trip. No regrets and rebates make the purchase well worth it

One Great Truck
By ugadawg1998 on 09/28/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 4dr Extended Cab LS Rwd SB (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

I narrowed my search to the Chevrolet Silverado and Nissan Titan. I chose the Chevrolet because of added standard features the Chevy had over the Titan...engine performance isn't everything Nissan (that's what their dealers want you to believe). Bought this as a family hauler and weekend worker. It has lived up to all its expectations to this point. Love this truck!!!