2004 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Silverado 1500 model:
Ex-Car Owner 2 New Silverado Owner
By Alanbear on 11/24/04 15:05 PM (PST)

2004 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 4dr Extended Cab LS Rwd SB (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

I bought this truck because of its long history of comfort, features, reliability, and (quite frankly) the new body design. I love it! Sticker was $27,700 paid $25 before GM rebate. Good truck.

SILVERTRUCK
By CHEVY on 11/11/04 18:44 PM (PST)

2004 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 4dr Crew Cab Z71 4WD SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I bought a 2004 Extended Cab Z71 in June and in Sept my Wife rolled it and it was a total loss; the truck hydroplaned on rough wet pavement, spun around and rolled in the ditch. I found that the suspension was too ridgid and that the vehicle took on a mind of her own once she took to rough road esp. if the pavement was wet. After this I decided to purchase a 2005 Crew Cab Z71 and I find this truck the very best for driving and handling,I do however find that the suspension is still more rigid than I would like and so I alwalys now carry balance weight in the box,( 300 lbs) I have found that this makes a big difference to the stability / ride of the truck especially on rough / wet roads.

Practical but not dull
By Joe Buckman on 11/04/04 16:24 PM (PST)

2004 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 4dr Extended Cab SS AWD SB (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

very good truck

Happy owner
By dhooper on 10/30/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 4dr Crew Cab LS Rwd SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

It really leaves nothing more to ask for

Stuck on GM
By tteb on 10/29/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 4dr Extended Cab LS Rwd SB (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

As a life long GM owner, I just bought another for work. The 4.8 runs smooth and gives 20 per gallon on the highway. I've got a 97 S-10 that doesn't do this good on gas? The ride is excellent for a truck. The silver paint is great if you don't like washing your vehicle all the time. I like this truck so well I'm selling my S-10 and going full size for my own personal truck. I appreciate the standard features such as cruise control, CD player and tilt wheel. Chevy costs more than Dodge but you get what you pay for.

Silverado Clunker
By LA Watts on 10/27/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 4dr Extended Cab Z71 4WD SB (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

This is a good looking vehicle but the constant clunking is very annoying. GM says that it is normal due to torque buildup between transmission and transfer case. They also say they have changed the transmission for 2005 model to eliminate the problem. They offer an extended warranty for free but I already have it. They sent an engineer out to drive it and he reported a definite problem but they still claim that it is normal. Why won't they stand behind their vehicle and repair the problem . Very unhappy with GM over this vehicle.

Hot Truck
By K4 on 10/27/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 4dr Extended Cab Work Truck Rwd SB (4.3L 6cyl 4A)

Has Low raties & Is on a good lote!!!...

REAL HAPPY SO FAR
By PAULARGETYPE on 10/20/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 4dr Extended Cab Z71 4WD SB (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

LETS SEE I LIKE A LOT ABOUT THIS TRUCK I GOT RED WITH OUT THE FENDER FLAIRS IT LOOKS GREAT ALSO THE ALUM. WHEELS CLEAN UP EASY AND LOOK GREAT IT'S GOT GREAT POWER IN THE 5.3 VORTC ENGINE I LIKE THE RAIDO AND OTHER CONTROLS ON THE STEERING WHEEL THE CUP HOLDERS ARE EASY TO GET AND AND ARE NOT IN THE WAY THE REAR DOORS ARE EASY TO OPEN AND MAKE IT REAL EASY TO GET IN THE BACK SEAT

Good Truck
By DKWinnie on 10/18/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 4dr Extended Cab 4WD SB (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

I owned an 04 ford F150, and it had a smoother, quieter ride and I liked the look better, but the Silverado is a significantly better made truck and just "feels" more durable and I am much happier with it. I also liked the look of the F150 interrior and seats but the controls and placement in the silverado is much better. All in all I am much happier in the Silverado than I was in the F150 though both have their strong and weak points.

Great Truck
By pmlap on 10/14/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 4dr Extended Cab SS AWD SB (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

Very nice, traded a 2000 Silverado regular cab. Great performance, good looks. Get about 13mpg. Could use a power sliding rear window.