2004 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Silverado 1500 model:
My deam truck
By Jason Manus on 03/11/05 00:08 AM (PST)

2004 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 4dr Extended Cab Z71 4WD SB (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

This is the sixth Z71 I have owned since I was 16 years old, and there is no doubt that it is the best as far as quality and features goes. I have always been a part of the Chevy family and I love my truck. It has a 4.10 rear end that has allowed me to pull trailers in excess of 10,000 #s with regularity ( although the tow rating is 9200#s). I spend all day in my truck, as it is my office. And even though I drive it real hard and torture it, it keeps on ticking.

Smooth, strong and efficient
By floridamadman on 02/22/05 21:21 PM (PST)

2004 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 4dr Extended Cab LS Rwd SB (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

5.3 litre runs with anything on the highway, and on open road have gotten 20 mpg I'm not a tire smoker, but at 35mph...hang on! There is no other p/u that cruises as effortlessly or efficiently at highway speeds as this with the 3.42 gears.

Chevy rules
By Lou on 01/18/05 10:03 AM (PST)

2004 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 4dr Extended Cab Z71 4WD SB (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

Absolutely 100% pleased with this purchase. The luxury side is great and the truck side is awesome! Mileage is not great, but who cares... I did not buy a Z71 crew cab for the gas economy... :-)

FRUSTRATED
By David Szymanski on 12/31/04 18:50 PM (PST)

2004 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 4dr Extended Cab Z71 4WD SB (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

In one year this vehicle has been to three different dealer's,a total of eight times for repair. The breaking is terrible, drastick loss of power at times, clunking and grinding in drive train,leather seat seams split. This from what is supposedly a 37,000.00 sticker price... somebody had a bad day!!

joegun
By joegun on 12/30/04 10:48 AM (PST)

2004 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 4dr Extended Cab SS AWD SB (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

nice fun fast truck. i call it a corvette silverado .glad i bought it.handles real good .glad to see a new color.thanks joe b. indiana.

silverado 4.3L 4x4
By Jasonsilverado on 12/27/04 16:34 PM (PST)

2004 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 2dr Regular Cab 4WD SB (4.3L 6cyl 5M)

this thing will offroad with the best of em. It is beyond quiet at highway speed and more comfortable than I would think a truck could ever be. I don't even have bucket, leather, heated or electric seats. It rides smooth and easy to drive x-country. It's a manual and still easy in city driving or open road. The payload on this thing is unbelievable, my wife had to go down to north carolina while I was in the middle east and picked up alot of my personel gear, completely filling up the back end. She told me she didn't even feel like there was anything in the back end, the truck gets worked and has never even had a hiccup. I could not ask for a more dependable truck.

Good Truck
By Jeffrey on 12/19/04 10:48 AM (PST)

2004 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 4dr Extended Cab LT Rwd SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Keep your foot out of it or it can get expensive fuel wise. but over all it holds up well.

da Crew
By Bluecube on 11/29/04 20:22 PM (PST)

2004 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 4dr Crew Cab Z71 4WD SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I'm a Chevyman. I didn't look at other trucks. Got a great deal as a result of an agreement between my employer and GM. $2500 under invoice, plus rebates, plus 1.9% financing. It drives great, lots of power, rides better than the reviews lead me to believe. I get 17.5 MPH combo driving and 20+ on the highway. Only mod is a K&N filter. Bose sound system sounds awesome and the XM puts it through the paces.

noisy and bad ride
By mr. bill on 11/28/04 21:01 PM (PST)

2004 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 4dr Crew Cab LS 4WD SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

has alot of wind noise, vibrations and there is a glunking in drive train when shifting up and down. dealer told me its normal for Z71 package terrible rides

First review
By Marv Smith on 11/26/04 16:29 PM (PST)

2004 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 2dr Regular Cab LS Rwd SB (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

Sportside good looking.I have had many trucks, Chevys, fords, jeeps and dodge. I think the assembly quality has gone way down. Mostly interior fit is bad from the side window post to the driver door trim is not good. Outside front wheel whell is 1 inch different from right side. Splash covers are not the same. Center cup holder is a pain where it is.