Used 2004 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Chevrolet Silverado 1500

View reviews for a specific Silverado 1500 model:

Buyer beware!
By Carnie

2004 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 4dr Extended Cab LT Rwd SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Bought this truck brand new off the lot. 3 1/2 years old and the cylinder head is faulty. $2000+ repair that GM has admitted they knew these cylinder heads were faulty, but they won't step up and help defray repair costs. Truck is starting to rust already and we've had the steering column replaced 2 times so far! I thought Chevy's were built to last?

Favorite Features

Heated mirrors, comfortable ride

Suggested Improvements

Gas mileage. GM own up to problems and help with repair costs if they know parts are faulty.

Supercharged Sport Truck
By SuperCharged Sport

2004 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 4dr Extended Cab SS AWD SB (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

I love to drive this truck! It has a Radix Magna Charger, Volant Cool Air Intake and an aftermarket MAF sensor. Needless to say it is very fast, pushing around 500 hp. Looks much better than the Ford and Dodge. It gets about 19 mpg on the highway and 15 in town, If you take it easy

Favorite Features

The interior is awesome

Suggested Improvements

Make it even faster from the factory and upgrade the suspension

Excellent truck
By Brian M

2004 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 4dr Extended Cab Z71 4WD SB (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

I have owned several Chevys over the years and I have yet to find a better truck out there. Design is good reliability is good and you can't beat the resale value on a 4WD Chevy truck. Overall it's a versatile, comfortable, reliable, American made vehicle.

Favorite Features

Electronic 4WD, front towing hooks and power

Suggested Improvements

An auxiliary input on the stereo for easy use with mp3 players

Lil Red Truck
By jt600

2004 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 2dr Regular Cab Work Truck 4WD SB (4.3L 6cyl 5M)

My Silverado is sporty and fun to drive. My truck had a bad rear diferential at 9000 miles however it was totally fixed good as new. I still like the truck very much after 3 years of ownership. I hunt and fish and the Silverado gets me to the country in style.

Favorite Features

I like the body style with the sport side bed. The V-8 has plenty of power and good fuel economy better than my old 4.3. When I polish it it still turns heads!

Suggested Improvements

The seat in the base model is not upolstered as well as it could be the edges are fraying. The interior could use a sportier look.

Like a rock
By mtnman

2004 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 4dr Crew Cab LS 4WD SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

After 2 1/2 years of ownership experience and 40K+ of driving this truck continues to be one of if not the best vehicle I've owned. For a full size 4x4 5000lbs. truck, gas mileage is very good. Minding the speed limit will net 21 MPG on the interstate. Only one problem in ownership, bad power steering pump replaced under warranty around 10K miles. I grew up in a blue oval family and have owned different makes and models of all vehicles, foreign and domestic. As stated above I have no regrets about this truck. I would highly recommend GM products based on this ownership experience. (I wouldn't have done so just a few years ago.) Great job Chevy. Keep on making these classic bowties!

Favorite Features

Gas mileage for full size 4x4. Comfort and ride

Suggested Improvements

I honestly have no complaints about the truck