Used 2004 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Regular Cab Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific Silverado 1500 model:

Most Helpful|
Never had any Chevy before
By Scott M

2004 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Regular Cab 2dr Regular Cab LS 4WD SB (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

The best truck I have owned. A very comfortable ride even on long drives. My wife likes the ride better then her 2002 Altima, now it's always "Mind if I use the truck today?" Great power-5.3L V8. Gas Mileage is adequate for the motor size. I put a tonneau cover on, gas mileage improved about 4 mpg. Interior is a little noisy, road noise, sounds like a door or window is open a little, when they are not. Doors have a tendency to not close fully unless slammed. I put covers on the seats right away though, the cloth in a truck is going to take a beating. The color: Silver-Birch with the factory chrome wheels is awesome. Literaly bought this one off the showroom floor.

Favorite Features

Seat comfort, Heated mirrors, Sound system, Frigid A/C, Chrome bumpers. Towing capacity.

Suggested Improvements

Larger tire size - 265 instead of 245, Lift the front end a little to remove some of the forward dip. A Leather seat option. Many trucks are used for plowing here in the North East, possibly have the taillights and headlights designed to allow pockets for "hidden" strobe light assemblies.

What you need.....a good basic truck!
By Coach K

2004 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Regular Cab 2dr Regular Cab Rwd SB (4.3L 6cyl 5M)

I bought this truck used with 41K miles on it. I was looking for a small truck but at the price and what shape it was in I could not pass it up. I bought this when the gas spiked up so I got it for $7,000. The V6 is a little under powered but gets you moving. I commute 30 miles everyday to work and I have gotten it to average 20, not bad. I have had zero problems with it. I would say if you need a truck for weekend work and want something comfortable, easy to drive, then a basic 1500 is what you should look for.

Favorite Features

A/C is cold right away!!! Living in Arizona, that's important. I'm a bigger guy so shoulder and overall room is great.

Suggested Improvements

To much plastic, but that's what you get from American car makers these days.

great vehicle
By ronald schell

2004 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Regular Cab 2dr Regular Cab LS Rwd LB (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

this is the best vehicle in existance

Favorite Features

the very powerful Engine

Suggested Improvements

locks on the tailgates

My 4.8
By gto400

2004 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Regular Cab 2dr Regular Cab LS Rwd SB (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

Can not say enough about this truck. Averaged 20 mpg for mix driving and 24 hwy. Disappointed that I had to trade it in for my 2006 GTO.

Favorite Features

Halo projector headlights.(hardly ever used my brights when I installed them)

Suggested Improvements

Better stock tires.

V-8 Five Speed Fun Run
By MMCM Chris

Great Ride, Yes, you can get a V-8 with a 5-speed in a short bed regular cab truck, with incentives, out the door for around 18K. The truck runs excellent. Sensitive when cold. The AC is comparable to a meat locker! Handles awesome. Needs bigger shoes in back.

Favorite Features

The engine and the interior. Quiet and smooth. Great power and looks. The gas milage would make the Ford and Dodge guys jealous.

Suggested Improvements

First gear is too low, a 4.02 and third is a tad tall, at 1.40, I'm being really picky. Get rid of the limiter so it can at least run with my wife's minivan.