2004 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Extended Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Silverado 1500 model:
2004 Z71
By dunc on 10/08/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Extended Cab 4dr Extended Cab Z71 4WD SB (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

Traded in my 03 Pathfinder so I could haul my boat. Hauls good, wish I had gone with the 5.3L towing package. Clunking noise in transmission gets crazy - dealership says Chevy has designed a new slip yolk to rid of this noise (we'll see). Overall a great purchase

2004 review
By goshad on 10/06/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Extended Cab 4dr Extended Cab LS Rwd SB (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

love the acceleration and reliability. Fuel economy is better than I thought too. One big problem is that the roof flexes when traveling at highway speeds. Also had noticeable wind noise from rear window that dealer had to fix. Wish the interior was more lively, like the white face Dodge dials or Ford's new interior.

One Great Truck
By ugadawg1998 on 09/28/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

I narrowed my search to the Chevrolet Silverado and Nissan Titan. I chose the Chevrolet because of added standard features the Chevy had over the Titan...engine performance isn't everything Nissan (that's what their dealers want you to believe). Bought this as a family hauler and weekend worker. It has lived up to all its expectations to this point. Love this truck!!!

CHEY P/U EXCEEDS EXPECTATIONS
By TG Brown on 09/23/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

ALTHOUGH I HAVE ONLY OWNED THIS VEHICLE ONE WEEK, i FIND IT IS A PLEASURE TO DRIVE. THE COLOR IS SPORT METALLIC RED. EVERYWHERE I GO I RECEIVE COMPLIMENTS ON THE COLOR, STYLE, LOOKS, ETC. THE RADIO/SOUND SYSTEM IS SUPERB! SO FAR THE TRUCK HAS MET OR EXCEEDED THIS WRITER'S EXPECTATIONS, FOR PERFORMANCE, HANDLING, MILAGE, ETC....ALSO THERE IS CONSIDERABLE LEG ROOM FOR BOTH THE DRIVER AND PASSENGERS, BOTH IN THE FRONT AND REAR SEAT AREA. AS A RESULT SEVERAL FRIENDS ARE NOW CONSIDERING OR ARE IN THE PROCESS OF PURCHASING A SIMILAR CHEVY, OR GM PICK-UP TRUCK. THUS I FEEL THE PROOF IS THE PRODUCT---A USA PRODUCED AND MANUFACTURED TRUCK

Disappointed with GM
By rdmuri on 09/19/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Extended Cab 4dr Extended Cab Z71 4WD LB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Have taken two extended trips and average 17mpg. Engine performance is acceptable, except to pull any grades must keep in trailering mode to keep trans from downshifting and over- reving. Have 12000 miles now and at 5000 developed clunk in the trans/driveline that is getting worse. GM says "normal" and refuses to fix. Cab roof is flimsy--buckles if windows rolled down at 60mph.

# 1 truck
By Dennis Murray on 09/03/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Extended Cab 4dr Extended Cab LS Rwd LB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I love my truck. The silverado is the most reliable truck on the market hands down. There is nothing on my truck i wouldn't replace or change. I have added some minor things like a billet grill but thats about it.

Great truck, but no XM.
By tioga Jack on 08/30/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

Very comfortable to drive, I use the truck for towing either my boat or my camper. We recently went to Michigan towing the camper, other than Chicago traffic, the truck was great!!

LS extended 4 door Silverado 2wd
By Baker, A on 08/26/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Extended Cab 4dr Extended Cab Work Truck Rwd SB (4.3L 6cyl 4A)

V 6 Ext cab 4dr truck. I bought it with 12 miles on it. Forget an SUV, the cab can sit 6 people, 5 comfortable. Road Trips Hwy fuel = 24 mpg and city = 19 mpg. Steering is tight not lose. Hwy driving is smooth. Body is tight, no excessive noise when driving. Only needed oil changes, no repairs in 15 months owned truck. AM/FM/CD radio sounds great. Can converse with others at normal tones. Has 2 outlets for plugging in phones,etc. Roomy glove box and center arm rest/console has lots of space. We do volunteer work for haunted house in Neosho Rapids,KS and this truck has hauled us down a muddy lane back and forth with no trouble at all.

my truck
By jim parranto on 08/25/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Extended Cab 4dr Extended Cab 4WD LB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Very easy to drive.

Former Ford Owner
By Northwoods on 08/12/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Extended Cab 4dr Extended Cab LT 4WD SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I have previously owned 3 new Ford F- 150's. I was looking for a change. I went to the Toyota dealer to buy a Tundra. I was not impressed with the ride and comfort of the Toyota. I was on my way to buy another Ford. I passed a Chevy Dealership and took a test drive. I was very very impressed with the size and comfort of the Silverado. You can actually put people in the back seat. P.S. My wife loves it. Finally, I tow a 23 foot boat and this truck just eats up the hills. Great vehicle for work and comfort, the combination can't be beat.