2004 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Extended Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Silverado 1500 model:
Love my Chevy
By Rodney on 07/26/06 06:20 AM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Extended Cab 4dr Extended Cab LS Rwd SB (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

Comfortable, dependable , and makes me proud I can buy American. It has given me better service than the last two imports that I owned. It tows great too.

A Real Truck
By David C. on 04/24/06 16:14 PM (PDT)

This truck is all it can be. The comfort is better than expected. Reliability has been awesome.

A Quality Truck
By Rob on 02/08/06 06:43 AM (PST)

2004 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Extended Cab 4dr Extended Cab Rwd SB (4.3L 6cyl 4A)

I have owned many Chevrolets in my life and this truck is one of my favorites. The ride is nice and the power is unmatched by many other trucks offered by other brands. The style is unlike any other truck. Chevrolet is doing a good job of putting out quality trucks. I use my truck for work and I am never disapointed. I take it for long trips and stay comfortable and never worry about breaking down.

Great Truck
By Yukan on 12/13/05 19:16 PM (PST)

2004 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Extended Cab 4dr Extended Cab LT 4WD SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Overall very happy. Mileage was better than expected, equal the the Ranger 4.0 pig it replaced. Ride and interior comfort outstanding. Exterior looks leave something to be desired though. Plenty of power from the 5.3 V8, tranny shifts like a dream. I would buy it again.

Truck with Class
By Lee Brewer on 11/08/05 16:26 PM (PST)

2004 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Extended Cab 4dr Extended Cab LT Rwd LB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

My Silverado is loaded on the inside from heated leather seats and XM Satellite radio to dark tinted windows and fog lights. The features available on this truck were great. I haven't had a single problem with the engine, brakes, or transmission after 20K miles and I don't plan to. Runs well, comfortable to drive and it just straight up looks good.

Overall quallity
By Chad on 10/20/05 14:28 PM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Extended Cab 4dr Extended Cab Z71 4WD SB (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

Fun to drive, and very reliable and works well for day to day activities, and excellent for taking out in the wilderness and using it

Great Truck!
By BLS1Golf on 05/31/05 15:42 PM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Extended Cab 4dr Extended Cab LT Rwd SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

This is my fourth Chevy truck since 1997. I absolutely love it. It has a very strong engine and great ride. Drives very heavy, which is good also. Love all the features as does my wife. Came out of reg cab 4wd and enjoy the extra room. Gets much better gas mileage than the 4wd. I average about 18.4 mpg. In contrast, my wife has an Explorer and I can 't get but 16.5 out of it with a V6 and lighter vehicle. Highly recommed the truck. Ready for an interior upgrade. The new Ford really looks nice as does the Nissan. The '07 update should be great and I bet will blow those two away.

My deam truck
By Jason Manus on 03/11/05 00:08 AM (PST)

This is the sixth Z71 I have owned since I was 16 years old, and there is no doubt that it is the best as far as quality and features goes. I have always been a part of the Chevy family and I love my truck. It has a 4.10 rear end that has allowed me to pull trailers in excess of 10,000 #s with regularity ( although the tow rating is 9200#s). I spend all day in my truck, as it is my office. And even though I drive it real hard and torture it, it keeps on ticking.

Smooth, strong and efficient
By floridamadman on 02/22/05 21:21 PM (PST)

5.3 litre runs with anything on the highway, and on open road have gotten 20 mpg I'm not a tire smoker, but at 35mph...hang on! There is no other p/u that cruises as effortlessly or efficiently at highway speeds as this with the 3.42 gears.

Chevy rules
By Lou on 01/18/05 10:03 AM (PST)

Absolutely 100% pleased with this purchase. The luxury side is great and the truck side is awesome! Mileage is not great, but who cares... I did not buy a Z71 crew cab for the gas economy... :-)