2004 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Consumer Reviews 3

2004 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 - Consumer Reviews

2004 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 2dr Regular Cab Work Truck Rwd SB (4.3L 6cyl 5M)

View reviews for a specific Silverado 1500 model:
Great Truck!
By Lourot on 01/04/08 06:37 AM (PST)

2004 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 2dr Regular Cab Work Truck Rwd SB (4.3L 6cyl 5M)

I have over 70,000 miles on this truck and it has never seen the inside of a shop for repairs. Routine maintenance is all that's require. Replaced the factory tires with Michelin ltx when they wore out and that has improved the ride and wet traction considerably.

Best purchase of the year
By chris on 12/18/07 07:51 AM (PST)

2004 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 4dr Crew Cab LS Rwd SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Purchased this truck used with under 26000 miles. Great truck and plenty of room for me and the crew inside the cab. Traded in my 1979 Silverado and haven't looked back. These Chevys are built to last as my last truck was a testiment to that fact. The 04 drives like a car and handles like a dream. The 5.3 liters is more than enough power to pass the folks doing 75 MPH in the fast lane. The Bose stereo has lots of thump for the headbangers and air guitarist. Caution air guitar is not recommended while driving. If I could do it all over again I wouldn't change a thing except for not buying this truck sooner.

Love My Truck
By Doug from NC on 11/14/07 08:08 AM (PST)

2004 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 4dr Extended Cab LT 4WD SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

My truck is my baby. It's ready for a night on the town or to help a friend move. It's never let me down and I feel safe and comfortable driving in rain or snow. The auto 4 wheel drive function is what gives me this feeling. 47000 trouble free miles and counting. My second Silverado and I will have it for the next 5 years at least.

OK But typical GM
By Keith Stroup on 11/08/07 18:27 PM (PST)

2004 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 4dr Extended Cab LS 4WD SB (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

Bought the truck new in 2004. Had a Dodge Ram 1500, This was a huge step up. Best gas mileage: 21 MPG driving on factory tires thru Ohio / Indiana. Worst gas mileage: 16 MPG driving on larger P265 aftermarket truck tires thru Central PA. I don't like the rear doors, they don't shut right. At 12,000 miles I had to have all rotors turned, they were warped so bad I was afraid to step on the brakes. At 34,000 miles rear rotors rusted & wore the rear pads out?? Chevy blamed it on me...keeping it in a garage & driving it on weekends is too much for rear disc brakes? Excellent 4WD system, like the part-time 4WD feature, comes in very handy on wet roads. At 35K I still like the truck.

Quality Defined. Yep, It Is A Chevy
By Rhett on 11/01/07 11:26 AM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 4dr Crew Cab LS Rwd SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Three years later and its still going strong. No diminished qualities. The only repair outside of standard oil changes has been the steering column bearing and the A/C diverter actuator. No big deal either time. The warranty covered it all. Nice riding vehicle. All two-wheel- drive Chevys historically have the porpoising front ends on hilly/bumpy roads, this one is no different. But, I bought a truck not an El Dorado.

Buyer beware!
By Carnie on 10/04/07 10:55 AM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 4dr Extended Cab LT Rwd SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Bought this truck brand new off the lot. 3 1/2 years old and the cylinder head is faulty. $2000+ repair that GM has admitted they knew these cylinder heads were faulty, but they won't step up and help defray repair costs. Truck is starting to rust already and we've had the steering column replaced 2 times so far! I thought Chevy's were built to last?

Supercharged Sport Truck
By SuperCharged Sport on 08/21/07 04:14 AM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 4dr Extended Cab SS AWD SB (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

I love to drive this truck! It has a Radix Magna Charger, Volant Cool Air Intake and an aftermarket MAF sensor. Needless to say it is very fast, pushing around 500 hp. Looks much better than the Ford and Dodge. It gets about 19 mpg on the highway and 15 in town, If you take it easy

Excellent truck
By Brian M on 06/11/07 07:43 AM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 4dr Extended Cab Z71 4WD SB (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

I have owned several Chevys over the years and I have yet to find a better truck out there. Design is good reliability is good and you can't beat the resale value on a 4WD Chevy truck. Overall it's a versatile, comfortable, reliable, American made vehicle.

Lil Red Truck
By jt600 on 04/28/07 15:43 PM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 2dr Regular Cab Work Truck 4WD SB (4.3L 6cyl 5M)

My Silverado is sporty and fun to drive. My truck had a bad rear diferential at 9000 miles however it was totally fixed good as new. I still like the truck very much after 3 years of ownership. I hunt and fish and the Silverado gets me to the country in style.

Like a rock
By mtnman on 02/19/07 11:27 AM (PST)

2004 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 4dr Crew Cab LS 4WD SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

After 2 1/2 years of ownership experience and 40K+ of driving this truck continues to be one of if not the best vehicle I've owned. For a full size 4x4 5000lbs. truck, gas mileage is very good. Minding the speed limit will net 21 MPG on the interstate. Only one problem in ownership, bad power steering pump replaced under warranty around 10K miles. I grew up in a blue oval family and have owned different makes and models of all vehicles, foreign and domestic. As stated above I have no regrets about this truck. I would highly recommend GM products based on this ownership experience. (I wouldn't have done so just a few years ago.) Great job Chevy. Keep on making these classic bowties!