Used 2004 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Extended Cab Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Extended Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Silverado 1500 model:

Its GREAT!
By Kickmud69

2004 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Extended Cab 4dr Extended Cab LT 4WD SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Thios truck is better than any other truck ever

I love it it has Tons of power

GET ONE! u wont be sorry!

Go American
By Marine Infantryman

2004 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Extended Cab 4dr Extended Cab Z71 4WD LB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I actually bought the 2004 Silverado Z71 short bed with a 5.3 liter 8 cylinder engine, which was not listed. This is my first 4x4 I've owned but driven and ridden in many others. The Silverado Z71 is by far the best handling and funest to drive truck I've been in. It might not have the best interior features, but who buys a TRUCK for luxury. This truck serves its purpose and is probably the most dependable in its class. I've drove the truck through some stuff that I've seen other new trucks get stuck in; but of course, that was a combination of good driving with the aid of a fine machine, the Silverado Z71.

My favorite feature would be the Auto four wheel drive that I've been able to use on several occasions

Love my Z71 - but poor gas mileage
By Bobchev55

2004 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Extended Cab 4dr Extended Cab Z71 4WD SB (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

I have long since been a Chevy man. I love my new '04 Silverado Z71 with the 5300 V8 in all respects except for fuel economy. After several years of driving a Ford truck with poor gas mileage, I expected better fuel economy than 13mpg from my brand new Silverado! I get better mileage in my custom 55 Chevrolet with a 4 barrel carb and 3 speed trans - no overdrive!!

Power, Power, and did I mention the Power!

Better fuel economy, come on let's face it they should do better than 13/14 mpg on the highway shouldn't they nowadays?

My Giant Cadillac!!
By LynneMH

I named my title that way because those were the words I had said described to the feel and the comfort as my husband and I first took one out for a test- drive. The suspension is smooth and the response in the handling is amazing as I've never driven a pickup truck in my life!! If I found it easy to drive than any woman can drive this thing!! The first 2003-04 Silverado wasn't a Z71 package like the one we ended up buying, but what a thrill to drive in any Silverado!! We love it and we're both glad we've done our homework before settling on driving a Chevy truck!! Now I'm looking to buy my own Chevy trunk in the very near future for my own thrills!

The dual heating system is a very nice option as well as the roominess in the front and back seats. And the Bridgestone Dueler APT with UNI-T technoligy tires are exceptional factory tires as well as the alloy wheels!

N/A

Best truck ever
By chevy040404

2004 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Extended Cab 4dr Extended Cab LS 4WD SB (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

Very good feel for the road in the truck, responsive 4.8l v8 and it just looks awsome.