2004 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Consumer Review: 1500 LS Crew Cab

2004 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Crew Cab - Consumer Review

1500 LS Crew Cab
By Captain KRK on

2004 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 4dr Crew Cab LS 4WD SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

My 4th Silverado since 99-this is the truck I've been waiting for! There are no air leaks like EXT Cab. Once you see the room inthis truck you won't even think about suicide doors! Plenty of leftover 04s out there. I got almost $7000 in rebates AND the dealer was selling at $200 over invoice. A $36,500 truck cost me $25,500 so shop around and get the best deal for YOU! The Dodge is macho, but the back seat in their "crew" cab sucks-not much bigger than my Chevy EXT Cab and much more upright. Make sure you sit in the Dodge's seat before you even think about it. F-150 Crew is nice but more $$$. The perfect alternative to the Avalanche!

Favorite Features

Tons of room! I love the 17" wheels and am a converted fan of XM Satellite Radio...I'll never go back! Ride, performance, and mileage are very good! Way more room in the Crew Cab for growing families; no parking lot hassle with suicide doors. Price was very good for proven performer

Suggested Improvements

Truck is fine but maybe they can make a longer box version one day. Give it more power to blow the doors off anything else. No way a Jap truck like the Nissan should be the top performing 1/2 ton Crew Cab.....Un- American!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!