Used 2004 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Extended Cab Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Extended Cab

View reviews for a specific Silverado 1500 model:

chevys
By wildmechanic69

2004 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Extended Cab 4dr Extended Cab Work Truck Rwd LB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

the truck will pull but has hesitation off idle and when going down the road in passing gear @80 it sounds like lifters rattleing,holds weight pretty good though,if i had it to do over agin i wouldnt buy this over rated over priced vehicle again

Favorite Features

dont realy care about the truck at all

Suggested Improvements

step up timming,lower the price,bigger ash trays

BlackJack21
By Blackjack21

2004 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Extended Cab 4dr Extended Cab LT 4WD SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I enjoy the comfort of the vehicle. The only downfall I see is it lacks passing power, it takes a while to kick down and accelerate.

Favorite Features

I really like the seats, fully adjustable and heated. The XM radio is really nice, I was kinda disappointed I couldn't find one in the area with the wheels and color I was looking for with a 6 disk in dash CD, but with the XM radio I hardly listen to the CD's.

Suggested Improvements

I would like to see better fuel economy, and more throtle respose for passing, other than that I am happy with my purchase.

Chevy has done it again
By dernbro

2004 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Extended Cab 4dr Extended Cab LS Rwd LB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

This truck is awsome,,the ride ,the looks,,what else can you ask for---its all here!!I will never buy any other truck, but a chevy..

Favorite Features

every thing

Suggested Improvements

none

truck
By jeff g

2004 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Extended Cab 4dr Extended Cab Work Truck 4WD LB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

very nice truck, good handoling, user frendoly easy to drive and better than most stock trucks off road

Favorite Features

5.3 v8

Suggested Improvements

better fule economey

Chevy vs Ford & Dodge
By Ghostrider

2004 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Extended Cab 4dr Extended Cab LS 4WD LB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

After owning 4 ford F-150's and a Dodge, I opted to check the competition, it took alittle arm twisting to break my Ford tradion however it was the smartest move i've made, this truck has relatively no rear bounce yet is tight with its towing package, extremely smooth ride and ample interior room, I am very suprised as to the great mileage on this big V8, lots of leg room and plenty in the extended cab also, Ford still has a cramped cab even in the 04 models, have no problems as to date and all is what was advertised, This new Silverado LS is a smart choice.

Favorite Features

Roomy cab and performance, excellent mileage. Interior comfort does not make you feel like you've been driving a truck even after an 8 hr ride