Used 2004 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Regular Cab Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Regular Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Silverado 1500 model:

My 4.8
By gto400

2004 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Regular Cab 2dr Regular Cab LS Rwd SB (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

Can not say enough about this truck. Averaged 20 mpg for mix driving and 24 hwy. Disappointed that I had to trade it in for my 2006 GTO.

Halo projector headlights.(hardly ever used my brights when I installed them)

Better stock tires.

Great Truck, Best for the money!!!
By Hoosier Shaun

2004 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Regular Cab 2dr Regular Cab Rwd LB (4.3L 6cyl 5M)

4.8 V8 is tough, just as good as the 5.3 minus the extra torque. I test drove the V6 and found it to be poor. Wish I had a back cab at times, but the tonneau cover does fine when i strap things in. Bought this truck used with 20K on it. Haven't done much to it except air and oil filters/oil. The previous owner installed performance exhaust which roars and gives extra HP. I put on 17" 2007 avalanche wheels and 265 70 R A/T tires. Put on rear air lift suspension (airbags) and have been hauling anything from dirt, rock, stone, furniture, appliances, and tow a 5250lb boat/trailer. Its a half ton but with the bags i can easily load 1750 as i have scaled it at landscape vehicle scale.

RELIABILITY!!! Takes a beating, very quick, good on gas for its rated HP/Torque, shines nice when its clean when im out on the town

I wish the truck had sliding back window and the optional fold down middle seat organizer. In winter, about 6-12 times i wish i have 4 wheel drive but found it wouldn't be worth it. I load it with salt and it does fine.

What you need.....a good basic truck!
By Coach K

2004 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Regular Cab 2dr Regular Cab Rwd SB (4.3L 6cyl 5M)

I bought this truck used with 41K miles on it. I was looking for a small truck but at the price and what shape it was in I could not pass it up. I bought this when the gas spiked up so I got it for $7,000. The V6 is a little under powered but gets you moving. I commute 30 miles everyday to work and I have gotten it to average 20, not bad. I have had zero problems with it. I would say if you need a truck for weekend work and want something comfortable, easy to drive, then a basic 1500 is what you should look for.

A/C is cold right away!!! Living in Arizona, that's important. I'm a bigger guy so shoulder and overall room is great.

To much plastic, but that's what you get from American car makers these days.

Great Truck!
By Lourot

2004 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Regular Cab 2dr Regular Cab Work Truck Rwd SB (4.3L 6cyl 5M)

I have over 70,000 miles on this truck and it has never seen the inside of a shop for repairs. Routine maintenance is all that's require. Replaced the factory tires with Michelin ltx when they wore out and that has improved the ride and wet traction considerably.

Reliability has to be #1. I've never owned a new vehicle before that didn't need at least some warranty work done, This is first for me. #2 is the Silver Birch color. So easy to keep looking good even on a dirt road.

Seat design. I throw little stuff in the seat and it always falls through the gap between the seat.

Lil Red Truck
By jt600

2004 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Regular Cab 2dr Regular Cab Work Truck 4WD SB (4.3L 6cyl 5M)

My Silverado is sporty and fun to drive. My truck had a bad rear diferential at 9000 miles however it was totally fixed good as new. I still like the truck very much after 3 years of ownership. I hunt and fish and the Silverado gets me to the country in style.

I like the body style with the sport side bed. The V-8 has plenty of power and good fuel economy better than my old 4.3. When I polish it it still turns heads!

The seat in the base model is not upolstered as well as it could be the edges are fraying. The interior could use a sportier look.