2004 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Regular Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Silverado 1500 model:
My 4.8
By gto400 on 11/24/09 02:28 AM (PST)

2004 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Regular Cab 2dr Regular Cab LS Rwd SB (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

Can not say enough about this truck. Averaged 20 mpg for mix driving and 24 hwy. Disappointed that I had to trade it in for my 2006 GTO.

Great Truck, Best for the money!!!
By Hoosier Shaun on 07/14/09 13:47 PM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Regular Cab 2dr Regular Cab Rwd LB (4.3L 6cyl 5M)

4.8 V8 is tough, just as good as the 5.3 minus the extra torque. I test drove the V6 and found it to be poor. Wish I had a back cab at times, but the tonneau cover does fine when i strap things in. Bought this truck used with 20K on it. Haven't done much to it except air and oil filters/oil. The previous owner installed performance exhaust which roars and gives extra HP. I put on 17" 2007 avalanche wheels and 265 70 R A/T tires. Put on rear air lift suspension (airbags) and have been hauling anything from dirt, rock, stone, furniture, appliances, and tow a 5250lb boat/trailer. Its a half ton but with the bags i can easily load 1750 as i have scaled it at landscape vehicle scale.

What you need.....a good basic truck!
By Coach K on 05/05/09 10:25 AM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Regular Cab 2dr Regular Cab Rwd SB (4.3L 6cyl 5M)

I bought this truck used with 41K miles on it. I was looking for a small truck but at the price and what shape it was in I could not pass it up. I bought this when the gas spiked up so I got it for $7,000. The V6 is a little under powered but gets you moving. I commute 30 miles everyday to work and I have gotten it to average 20, not bad. I have had zero problems with it. I would say if you need a truck for weekend work and want something comfortable, easy to drive, then a basic 1500 is what you should look for.

Great Truck!
By Lourot on 01/04/08 06:37 AM (PST)

2004 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Regular Cab 2dr Regular Cab Work Truck Rwd SB (4.3L 6cyl 5M)

I have over 70,000 miles on this truck and it has never seen the inside of a shop for repairs. Routine maintenance is all that's require. Replaced the factory tires with Michelin ltx when they wore out and that has improved the ride and wet traction considerably.

Lil Red Truck
By jt600 on 04/28/07 15:43 PM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Regular Cab 2dr Regular Cab Work Truck 4WD SB (4.3L 6cyl 5M)

My Silverado is sporty and fun to drive. My truck had a bad rear diferential at 9000 miles however it was totally fixed good as new. I still like the truck very much after 3 years of ownership. I hunt and fish and the Silverado gets me to the country in style.

One weird Chevy
By Ryan on 12/25/06 21:47 PM (PST)

2004 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Regular Cab 2dr Regular Cab Rwd LB (4.3L 6cyl 5M)

We had bought this truck as a replacement for the car we had. We live in the mountains of Colorado and had a few problems with the factory tires and ice. We changed them out for snow tires or all weather tires and have not had an issue since. The real weirdness started when cyl #1 was acting up. I was on my way back to the dealership with a full load driving across country and I was getting nearly 35MPG with a half functioning piston! The dealer stated that the piston had shattered (after much waiting for warrenty work) and was to be replaced. Since then the truck has gone back to its 21MPG and worked fine! Other than powertrain problems I haven't had any other issues and rate it high.

Never had any Chevy before
By Scott M on 01/30/06 22:52 PM (PST)

2004 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Regular Cab 2dr Regular Cab LS 4WD SB (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

The best truck I have owned. A very comfortable ride even on long drives. My wife likes the ride better then her 2002 Altima, now it's always "Mind if I use the truck today?" Great power-5.3L V8. Gas Mileage is adequate for the motor size. I put a tonneau cover on, gas mileage improved about 4 mpg. Interior is a little noisy, road noise, sounds like a door or window is open a little, when they are not. Doors have a tendency to not close fully unless slammed. I put covers on the seats right away though, the cloth in a truck is going to take a beating. The color: Silver-Birch with the factory chrome wheels is awesome. Literaly bought this one off the showroom floor.

silverado 4.3L 4x4
By Jasonsilverado on 12/27/04 16:34 PM (PST)

2004 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Regular Cab 2dr Regular Cab 4WD SB (4.3L 6cyl 5M)

this thing will offroad with the best of em. It is beyond quiet at highway speed and more comfortable than I would think a truck could ever be. I don't even have bucket, leather, heated or electric seats. It rides smooth and easy to drive x-country. It's a manual and still easy in city driving or open road. The payload on this thing is unbelievable, my wife had to go down to north carolina while I was in the middle east and picked up alot of my personel gear, completely filling up the back end. She told me she didn't even feel like there was anything in the back end, the truck gets worked and has never even had a hiccup. I could not ask for a more dependable truck.

First review
By Marv Smith on 11/26/04 16:29 PM (PST)

Sportside good looking.I have had many trucks, Chevys, fords, jeeps and dodge. I think the assembly quality has gone way down. Mostly interior fit is bad from the side window post to the driver door trim is not good. Outside front wheel whell is 1 inch different from right side. Splash covers are not the same. Center cup holder is a pain where it is.

04 Work truck
By tomwalshco on 10/10/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

Stylish, easy interior controls, decent sound system for stock.

1 2 3 4 5 next »