Used 2004 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LT Extended Cab Consumer Reviews - 8 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Extended Cab - Consumer Reviews

2004 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Extended Cab

View reviews for a specific Silverado 1500 model:

Buyer beware!
By Carnie

2004 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Extended Cab 4dr Extended Cab LT Rwd SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Bought this truck brand new off the lot. 3 1/2 years old and the cylinder head is faulty. $2000+ repair that GM has admitted they knew these cylinder heads were faulty, but they won't step up and help defray repair costs. Truck is starting to rust already and we've had the steering column replaced 2 times so far! I thought Chevy's were built to last?

Heated mirrors, comfortable ride

Gas mileage. GM own up to problems and help with repair costs if they know parts are faulty.

Great Truck!
By BLS1Golf

This is my fourth Chevy truck since 1997. I absolutely love it. It has a very strong engine and great ride. Drives very heavy, which is good also. Love all the features as does my wife. Came out of reg cab 4wd and enjoy the extra room. Gets much better gas mileage than the 4wd. I average about 18.4 mpg. In contrast, my wife has an Explorer and I can 't get but 16.5 out of it with a V6 and lighter vehicle. Highly recommed the truck. Ready for an interior upgrade. The new Ford really looks nice as does the Nissan. The '07 update should be great and I bet will blow those two away.

The comfortable seats and the great power of the engine. Also, the mileage has been a great surprise. Looks aggressive coming at you, and I like that.

Time for an interior update to keep up with Ford and Nissan. I am sure the upcoming '07 change will address that. Also, get rid of the vinyl rear seats. Put leather seating surfaces back there too!

Good Truck
By Jeffrey

Keep your foot out of it or it can get
expensive fuel wise. but over all it
holds up well.

the automatic head lights

change up the dash a little there are few diffrences between the new trucks and the 98 models interior.Undercoating wouldn't be a bad standard package either.

Silverado 1500
By Paul Tyler

Comfortable, reliable and solid
construction. This is the first vehicle
I have ever owned that did not have a
rattle or squeak somewhere at sometime.
I am 65 years old and have owned a lot
of vehicles in my life and the is at the
top of my list as far as quality,
comfort and performance. I purchased a
1966 442 with a 3.90 and 4 speed muncie
in November of 1965 which I still own
today. The 5.3 Silverado is the closest
thing I have owned in performance to
that excellent old 442. I do not care
about the overhead cams, 3 and 4 valves
per cylinder, etc. I love my Chevrolet
Silverado.

5.3 (327 Cu In) V8 small block Chevrolet engine and standard 4 wheel disk brakes.

A lock on the tailgate. A simple key lock built into the tailgate release handle would be nice to prevent possible theft of the whole tailgate. A power lock operating with the power door locks would really be nice.

GO CHEVY

RATINGS, "MILES" AHEAD OF FORD OR
CHEVY, AND DON'T EVEN MENTION POOR
DODGE. PERHAPS OWNERSHIP HAS SOMETHING
TO DO WITH IT?

THE USE OF REGULAR GAS, XM RADIO, ON STAR, RIDE, POWER, TOW ABILITY, LOOKS,ALL AVAILABLE ACCESSORIES INCLUDING "CENTRAL HEATING & AIR".

PLEASE MAKE SUN ROOF, HOME-LINK, AND WHEEL FLARES AVAILABLE FOR 2-WHEEL MODELS, SOON