2004 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Extended Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Silverado 1500 model:
Buyer beware!
By Carnie on 10/04/07 10:55 AM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Extended Cab 4dr Extended Cab LT Rwd SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Bought this truck brand new off the lot. 3 1/2 years old and the cylinder head is faulty. $2000+ repair that GM has admitted they knew these cylinder heads were faulty, but they won't step up and help defray repair costs. Truck is starting to rust already and we've had the steering column replaced 2 times so far! I thought Chevy's were built to last?

Great Truck!
By BLS1Golf on 05/31/05 15:42 PM (PDT)

This is my fourth Chevy truck since 1997. I absolutely love it. It has a very strong engine and great ride. Drives very heavy, which is good also. Love all the features as does my wife. Came out of reg cab 4wd and enjoy the extra room. Gets much better gas mileage than the 4wd. I average about 18.4 mpg. In contrast, my wife has an Explorer and I can 't get but 16.5 out of it with a V6 and lighter vehicle. Highly recommed the truck. Ready for an interior upgrade. The new Ford really looks nice as does the Nissan. The '07 update should be great and I bet will blow those two away.

Good Truck
By Jeffrey on 12/19/04 10:48 AM (PST)

Keep your foot out of it or it can get expensive fuel wise. but over all it holds up well.

Silverado 1500
By Paul Tyler on 07/19/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

Comfortable, reliable and solid construction. This is the first vehicle I have ever owned that did not have a rattle or squeak somewhere at sometime. I am 65 years old and have owned a lot of vehicles in my life and the is at the top of my list as far as quality, comfort and performance. I purchased a 1966 442 with a 3.90 and 4 speed muncie in November of 1965 which I still own today. The 5.3 Silverado is the closest thing I have owned in performance to that excellent old 442. I do not care about the overhead cams, 3 and 4 valves per cylinder, etc. I love my Chevrolet Silverado.

GO CHEVY
By HAROLD USRY on 05/01/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

THIS IS NOT THE FIRST CHEVY P/U I HAVE OWNED. IT IS MY EIGHT. PRIOR TO THAT I HAVE OWNED THREE FORDS. THERE IS REALLY NO COMPARISON. I HAVE NEVER REALLY UNDERSTOOD WHY CONSUMERS REPORT ALWAYS GIVES THE JAPANESE VEHICLES GOOD RATINGS, "MILES" AHEAD OF FORD OR CHEVY, AND DON'T EVEN MENTION POOR DODGE. PERHAPS OWNERSHIP HAS SOMETHING TO DO WITH IT?

2003LS v 2004LT
By Annamarie on 01/21/04 00:00 AM (PST)

The complete front seat & compartment s/u on the 2003 model was 100% better, including lighting,ashtray,drink holders,etc. Also, front seat was NOT 100% 'bucket'[Much better I think] 2003 had 3 DC Sockets; 2004~~two only.

LOVING THE CHEV
By BRYAN on 12/27/03 00:00 AM (PST)

Absolutely love the truck! Had a 99 silverado before, this one out-performs it without a doubt!

Fianl Decision!!!!!
By Bark on 11/27/03 00:00 AM (PST)

After testing every truck in this cat., I finally got the LT 2wd. Surpasses all the others in comfort, power, ride, solid feel. I hope the Lim. slip and traction assist work almost as good as 4wd. with weight in the bed. Fingers crossed...everything else so far is great..