2004 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Crew Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Silverado 1500 model:
2004 Z-71 Crew Cab
By nomorechevy on 02/20/06 15:29 PM (PST)

2004 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab Z71 4WD SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Have had the truck at the dealership for a total of 15 days. We are on the 3rd steering shaft; it drives like a golf cart. Makes a popping noise when turning but only if it's over 70 degrees outside. Steering wheel squeaks when the turn signal is on.

Best truck on the road
By lloyd579 on 11/06/05 21:05 PM (PST)

2004 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab Z71 4WD SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I would never buy another truck unless it's GM quality. Nothing compares to the Chevy Silverado Z71. Ford, Dodge, Toyota, Nissan, and Honda should all just give up and find another market.

Born to Ride...
By Red on 07/12/05 15:40 PM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab Z71 4WD SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

This truck can fly off the line (for a truck) and haul anything you throw at it. The ride is smooth, aslong as you dont change the suspension. If you add a Power Chip it boost the power along with alittle more gas mileage. Along with the right kinda of tires, the 4x4 will get you out of most problems. The protection the engine and electrical parts have from water and mud is great. I went through 4ft of water(factory height) without any problems afterward, except alittle water in the cab...no biggy. Careful with the CD player tho, if a cd is in when you start up, it may not play, youll have to take it out then reinsert.

Not Bad, Could be better...
By EKP on 03/31/05 16:48 PM (PST)

2004 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab Z71 4WD SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

As a former Ford owner, I am a little disappointed. My Z71 has already been in the shop for over a week with misfiring issues in three seperate cylinders. Chevy has repaired, although they didn't give me a good explaination of what caused the problems. I LOVE the truck (ride, styling, 18MPG+, Power), but the reliability is clouding my mind. Only time will tell...

da Crew
By Bluecube on 11/29/04 20:22 PM (PST)

2004 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab Z71 4WD SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I'm a Chevyman. I didn't look at other trucks. Got a great deal as a result of an agreement between my employer and GM. $2500 under invoice, plus rebates, plus 1.9% financing. It drives great, lots of power, rides better than the reviews lead me to believe. I get 17.5 MPH combo driving and 20+ on the highway. Only mod is a K&N filter. Bose sound system sounds awesome and the XM puts it through the paces.

SILVERTRUCK
By CHEVY on 11/11/04 18:44 PM (PST)

2004 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab Z71 4WD SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I bought a 2004 Extended Cab Z71 in June and in Sept my Wife rolled it and it was a total loss; the truck hydroplaned on rough wet pavement, spun around and rolled in the ditch. I found that the suspension was too ridgid and that the vehicle took on a mind of her own once she took to rough road esp. if the pavement was wet. After this I decided to purchase a 2005 Crew Cab Z71 and I find this truck the very best for driving and handling,I do however find that the suspension is still more rigid than I would like and so I alwalys now carry balance weight in the box,( 300 lbs) I have found that this makes a big difference to the stability / ride of the truck especially on rough / wet roads.

Best truck
By revolver on 10/05/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab Z71 4WD SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

this is one of the best trucks that i have ever owned!!!

1500 crew/ls/z-71
By hillman1 on 09/28/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab Z71 4WD SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

bought truck 1 week ago. Vast improvement over x-cab for hauling passengers. Truck averaged 18.1 MPG on computer on 1000 mile trip. No regrets and rebates make the purchase well worth it

silverado review
By chrisb74 on 09/15/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab Z71 4WD SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

i bought this truck and i have to say it was the greatest move i could have made. it runs smoothly, the ride is comfortable, and to be frank...it's just plain old sweet. i looked at other...the nissan titan was a close 2nd as well as the gmc sierra, but i am more than happy with the deal i was able to get.

Z71 Rules the Road
By wildman12 on 09/13/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab Z71 4WD SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I bought a 2004 Silverado 1500 Crew Z71 in August. About 900 miles now, so still relatively new. Rides very smooth for a truck, with firm control in curves and turns - no dipping. Truck handles bumps well - no high bouncing or side to side jerking. Acceleration is there when needed, as I drive lightly and very seldom exceed engine speeds over 2500rpm. Fuel mileage averages 18-20 on interstate and 14-16 around town. Options = heavy duty trailering package, power adjustable drivers seat, Chromed Stainless assist steprails. I hit the sale at the right time, as this truck was $10,000 below MSRP, plus I received the exact truck I wanted.