2004 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Crew Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Silverado 1500 model:
good truck
By joseph oliphant on 06/05/10 12:41 PM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab LT 4WD SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

love my truck even with a 32 in. tire I'm getting almost 18 miles to the gal. bought it with 108 thousand miles on it and its still strong. there are a few things that do kinda bug me though i have no tach it just doesn't work and the speedometer works when it feels like it and the lights work sometimes off and on mainly running lights and the rear windows roll up and down by themselves.

Best purchase of the year
By chris on 12/18/07 07:51 AM (PST)

2004 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab LS Rwd SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Purchased this truck used with under 26000 miles. Great truck and plenty of room for me and the crew inside the cab. Traded in my 1979 Silverado and haven't looked back. These Chevys are built to last as my last truck was a testiment to that fact. The 04 drives like a car and handles like a dream. The 5.3 liters is more than enough power to pass the folks doing 75 MPH in the fast lane. The Bose stereo has lots of thump for the headbangers and air guitarist. Caution air guitar is not recommended while driving. If I could do it all over again I wouldn't change a thing except for not buying this truck sooner.

Quality Defined. Yep, It Is A Chevy
By Rhett on 11/01/07 11:26 AM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab LS Rwd SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Three years later and its still going strong. No diminished qualities. The only repair outside of standard oil changes has been the steering column bearing and the A/C diverter actuator. No big deal either time. The warranty covered it all. Nice riding vehicle. All two-wheel- drive Chevys historically have the porpoising front ends on hilly/bumpy roads, this one is no different. But, I bought a truck not an El Dorado.

Like a rock
By mtnman on 02/19/07 11:27 AM (PST)

2004 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab LS 4WD SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

After 2 1/2 years of ownership experience and 40K+ of driving this truck continues to be one of if not the best vehicle I've owned. For a full size 4x4 5000lbs. truck, gas mileage is very good. Minding the speed limit will net 21 MPG on the interstate. Only one problem in ownership, bad power steering pump replaced under warranty around 10K miles. I grew up in a blue oval family and have owned different makes and models of all vehicles, foreign and domestic. As stated above I have no regrets about this truck. I would highly recommend GM products based on this ownership experience. (I wouldn't have done so just a few years ago.) Great job Chevy. Keep on making these classic bowties!

Great truck
By JeffH07 on 04/05/06 23:33 PM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab LS Rwd SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I've owned 6 Silverado's over the last 15 years. this truck has been one of the best I owned. A lot of room for the kids, and very smooth ride. This truck had one problem that would not go away even after four visit's to the dealership, a rattle in the steering column. The only reason that I'm trading this in is to get a 1500HD to pull our new RV. Also all my brothers and my brother-in- laws are ford pickup guys but I'd rather drive a truck than a pickup.

2004 Z-71 Crew Cab
By nomorechevy on 02/20/06 15:29 PM (PST)

2004 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab Z71 4WD SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Have had the truck at the dealership for a total of 15 days. We are on the 3rd steering shaft; it drives like a golf cart. Makes a popping noise when turning but only if it's over 70 degrees outside. Steering wheel squeaks when the turn signal is on.

Best truck on the road
By lloyd579 on 11/06/05 21:05 PM (PST)

2004 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab Z71 4WD SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I would never buy another truck unless it's GM quality. Nothing compares to the Chevy Silverado Z71. Ford, Dodge, Toyota, Nissan, and Honda should all just give up and find another market.

Worst Chevy Ever
By shopbum on 10/13/05 06:13 AM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab LS Rwd SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I have owned a lot of GM products over the years, and never have I disliked a truck as much as this one. It has been one problem after another. First the cowl was leaking into the cab, then the rear passenger windows would not deal, the the keyless entry locked me out on about 20 occasions...I could go on and on. Never again will I buy a GM after the worst time in my life.

Born to Ride...
By Red on 07/12/05 15:40 PM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab Z71 4WD SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

This truck can fly off the line (for a truck) and haul anything you throw at it. The ride is smooth, aslong as you dont change the suspension. If you add a Power Chip it boost the power along with alittle more gas mileage. Along with the right kinda of tires, the 4x4 will get you out of most problems. The protection the engine and electrical parts have from water and mud is great. I went through 4ft of water(factory height) without any problems afterward, except alittle water in the cab...no biggy. Careful with the CD player tho, if a cd is in when you start up, it may not play, youll have to take it out then reinsert.

Good ol' Plain Jane Crew Cab
By drwooly on 04/30/05 02:17 AM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab LT Rwd SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Bought this truck because they FINALLY made the 1500 Crew Cab. I think we did it right. Fit, finish, performance is very good. ( C'mon people, it's a truck! Anything better than 16-18 mpg, and drag strip performance, you'll have to build yourself! ) I have put on dual exhaust, and an air intake system, and increased mileage, but it's good enough to start with! The only thing I would change is getting the long-bed. Also, after-market/dealer-installed tonneau cover is a joke! But overall, a very good, competent truck. LT pkg. makes it even better than some cars.