Used 2004 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Crew Cab Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Crew Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Silverado 1500 model:

good truck
By joseph oliphant

2004 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab LT 4WD SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

love my truck even with a 32 in. tire I'm getting almost 18 miles to the gal. bought it with 108 thousand miles on it and its still strong. there are a few things that do kinda bug me though i have no tach it just doesn't work and the speedometer works when it feels like it and the lights work sometimes off and on mainly running lights and the rear windows roll up and down by themselves.

body style and durability though I'm not a fan of torsion bars I'm warming up to the idea they are not bad the auto 4 wheel drive button

if you don't like the rake of the truck buy the 2.5 in. torsion keys, it's around 80 bucks with that tires 285s will fit with no offset rims no lift just the 2.5 keys and you have no rubbing even off road and they fill the fender wells nicely

Best purchase of the year
By chris

2004 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab LS Rwd SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Purchased this truck used with under 26000 miles. Great truck and plenty of room for me and the crew inside the cab. Traded in my 1979 Silverado and haven't looked back. These Chevys are built to last as my last truck was a testiment to that fact. The 04 drives like a car and handles like a dream. The 5.3 liters is more than enough power to pass the folks doing 75 MPH in the fast lane. The Bose stereo has lots of thump for the headbangers and air guitarist. Caution air guitar is not recommended while driving. If I could do it all over again I wouldn't change a thing except for not buying this truck sooner.

Radio steering wheel controls. Towing capability is awesome. Bose stereo rocks. Instrument panel is easy to read and laid out nicely. Seats are comfortable enough to fall asleep. Interior on the Crew Cab has plenty of room in the rear even with the front seats all the way back. Dual climate control.

I miss the 8 ft bed of my old truck. With my tool box installed I have little room for much hauling. I solved this by purchasing a nice set of ladder racks for about $500. Gas mileage is less than advertised at about 13 city 18 hiway. Interior design is pretty plain but I could add a trim kit later.

Quality Defined. Yep, It Is A Chevy
By Rhett

2004 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab LS Rwd SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Three years later and its still going strong. No diminished qualities. The only repair outside of standard oil changes has been the steering column bearing and the A/C diverter actuator. No big deal either time. The warranty covered it all. Nice riding vehicle. All two-wheel- drive Chevys historically have the porpoising front ends on hilly/bumpy roads, this one is no different. But, I bought a truck not an El Dorado.

XM standard, rear end gearing, rear seat entertainment system, good sight lines.

More durable seat fabric, especially on the edges near the doors.

Like a rock
By mtnman

2004 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab LS 4WD SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

After 2 1/2 years of ownership experience and 40K+ of driving this truck continues to be one of if not the best vehicle I've owned. For a full size 4x4 5000lbs. truck, gas mileage is very good. Minding the speed limit will net 21 MPG on the interstate. Only one problem in ownership, bad power steering pump replaced under warranty around 10K miles. I grew up in a blue oval family and have owned different makes and models of all vehicles, foreign and domestic. As stated above I have no regrets about this truck. I would highly recommend GM products based on this ownership experience. (I wouldn't have done so just a few years ago.) Great job Chevy. Keep on making these classic bowties!

Gas mileage for full size 4x4. Comfort and ride

I honestly have no complaints about the truck

Great truck
By JeffH07

2004 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab LS Rwd SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I've owned 6 Silverado's over the last 15 years. this truck has been one of the best I owned. A lot of room for the kids, and very smooth ride. This truck had one problem that would not go away even after four visit's to the dealership, a rattle in the steering column. The only reason that I'm trading this in is to get a 1500HD to pull our new RV. Also all my brothers and my brother-in- laws are ford pickup guys but I'd rather drive a truck than a pickup.

My favorite feature would have to be four doors, and the great gas mileage.

Chevrolet should have put the 17" and 18" wheels for this year model and went with a full size short bed instead of cutting it down.