2004 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Silverado 1500 model:
Best purchase of the year
By chris on 12/18/07 07:51 AM (PST)

2004 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 4dr Crew Cab LS Rwd SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Purchased this truck used with under 26000 miles. Great truck and plenty of room for me and the crew inside the cab. Traded in my 1979 Silverado and haven't looked back. These Chevys are built to last as my last truck was a testiment to that fact. The 04 drives like a car and handles like a dream. The 5.3 liters is more than enough power to pass the folks doing 75 MPH in the fast lane. The Bose stereo has lots of thump for the headbangers and air guitarist. Caution air guitar is not recommended while driving. If I could do it all over again I wouldn't change a thing except for not buying this truck sooner.

Quality Defined. Yep, It Is A Chevy
By Rhett on 11/01/07 11:26 AM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 4dr Crew Cab LS Rwd SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Three years later and its still going strong. No diminished qualities. The only repair outside of standard oil changes has been the steering column bearing and the A/C diverter actuator. No big deal either time. The warranty covered it all. Nice riding vehicle. All two-wheel- drive Chevys historically have the porpoising front ends on hilly/bumpy roads, this one is no different. But, I bought a truck not an El Dorado.

Great truck
By JeffH07 on 04/05/06 23:33 PM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 4dr Crew Cab LS Rwd SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I've owned 6 Silverado's over the last 15 years. this truck has been one of the best I owned. A lot of room for the kids, and very smooth ride. This truck had one problem that would not go away even after four visit's to the dealership, a rattle in the steering column. The only reason that I'm trading this in is to get a 1500HD to pull our new RV. Also all my brothers and my brother-in- laws are ford pickup guys but I'd rather drive a truck than a pickup.

Worst Chevy Ever
By shopbum on 10/13/05 06:13 AM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 4dr Crew Cab LS Rwd SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I have owned a lot of GM products over the years, and never have I disliked a truck as much as this one. It has been one problem after another. First the cowl was leaking into the cab, then the rear passenger windows would not deal, the the keyless entry locked me out on about 20 occasions...I could go on and on. Never again will I buy a GM after the worst time in my life.

Happy owner
By dhooper on 10/30/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 4dr Crew Cab LS Rwd SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

It really leaves nothing more to ask for

my opinion
By d0036 on 09/27/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 4dr Crew Cab LS Rwd SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

no complaints, I love everything about the truck. I had a 98 ext cab 3 door before, this truck is way out front

Buy it ... You'll Love it
By texascoins on 09/22/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 4dr Crew Cab LS Rwd SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I traded in my 1500 LS ext cab, since the rebates were too good to pass up. Chose the Crew Cab since the added room inside was worth the loss outside. Better traction than the Ext Cab with posi, less mileage than the 4.8l, but ok. Great visibility, wonderful standard features, and a few options put this one at the top of the list. POSITRACK is REQUIRED, since all 1500's are like a cow on crutches in the rain. Another A+ for GM, haven't been able to say that much since the 1980's. Very satisfied.

Go Buy One!
By The "Bruggy Man" on 08/26/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 4dr Crew Cab LS Rwd SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I upgraded to this vehicle from a '99 Ext. Cab GMC Sierra. I love having four "real" doors, especially when you have a two year old daughter to buckle in a car seat. The additional cabin space in the back seat is well worth the sacrifice of eight inches of bed space. The 5.3 litre V8 is smooth as glass. There is also great visibility when looking out the side windows and back window. The current rebates and discounts are incredible! I bought this vehicle for $1,200 less than I paid for my '99 model brand new.

It keeps getting better
By peezul on 04/12/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 4dr Crew Cab LS Rwd SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

This is my 4th chevy truck,I have always had great reliable long lasting chevy trucks (avg 7 yrs). This new silverado crew cab is by far the most powerful, and refined truck for the money.

Nice truck from Chevy.
By John33444 on 03/10/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 4dr Crew Cab LS Rwd SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

This truck is very fun to drive. In your life you will find trucks you love to drive. This is one of them. It can go of road, and is very able. It handles like a dream. I have never got stuck, but I did have to repair it once or twice.