Used 2004 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LS Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Silverado 1500 model:

Best purchase of the year
By chris

2004 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 4dr Crew Cab LS Rwd SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Purchased this truck used with under 26000 miles. Great truck and plenty of room for me and the crew inside the cab. Traded in my 1979 Silverado and haven't looked back. These Chevys are built to last as my last truck was a testiment to that fact. The 04 drives like a car and handles like a dream. The 5.3 liters is more than enough power to pass the folks doing 75 MPH in the fast lane. The Bose stereo has lots of thump for the headbangers and air guitarist. Caution air guitar is not recommended while driving. If I could do it all over again I wouldn't change a thing except for not buying this truck sooner.

Radio steering wheel controls. Towing capability is awesome. Bose stereo rocks. Instrument panel is easy to read and laid out nicely. Seats are comfortable enough to fall asleep. Interior on the Crew Cab has plenty of room in the rear even with the front seats all the way back. Dual climate control.

I miss the 8 ft bed of my old truck. With my tool box installed I have little room for much hauling. I solved this by purchasing a nice set of ladder racks for about $500. Gas mileage is less than advertised at about 13 city 18 hiway. Interior design is pretty plain but I could add a trim kit later.

Quality Defined. Yep, It Is A Chevy
By Rhett

2004 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 4dr Crew Cab LS Rwd SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Three years later and its still going strong. No diminished qualities. The only repair outside of standard oil changes has been the steering column bearing and the A/C diverter actuator. No big deal either time. The warranty covered it all. Nice riding vehicle. All two-wheel- drive Chevys historically have the porpoising front ends on hilly/bumpy roads, this one is no different. But, I bought a truck not an El Dorado.

XM standard, rear end gearing, rear seat entertainment system, good sight lines.

More durable seat fabric, especially on the edges near the doors.

Great truck
By JeffH07

2004 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 4dr Crew Cab LS Rwd SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I've owned 6 Silverado's over the last 15 years. this truck has been one of the best I owned. A lot of room for the kids, and very smooth ride. This truck had one problem that would not go away even after four visit's to the dealership, a rattle in the steering column. The only reason that I'm trading this in is to get a 1500HD to pull our new RV. Also all my brothers and my brother-in- laws are ford pickup guys but I'd rather drive a truck than a pickup.

My favorite feature would have to be four doors, and the great gas mileage.

Chevrolet should have put the 17" and 18" wheels for this year model and went with a full size short bed instead of cutting it down.

Worst Chevy Ever
By shopbum

2004 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 4dr Crew Cab LS Rwd SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I have owned a lot of GM products over the years, and never have I disliked a truck as much as this one. It has been one problem after another. First the cowl was leaking into the cab, then the rear passenger windows would not deal, the the keyless entry locked me out on about 20 occasions...I could go on and on. Never again will I buy a GM after the worst time in my life.

The day I sell it will be my favorite part of the truck.

Go back to building quality vehicles, and stop the mass producing that came up with this piece of junk

Happy owner
By dhooper

2004 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 4dr Crew Cab LS Rwd SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

It really leaves nothing more to ask for

automatic headlights, dimming mirrors