Used 2004 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LT Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific Silverado 1500 model:

Buyer beware!
By Carnie

2004 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 4dr Extended Cab LT Rwd SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Bought this truck brand new off the lot. 3 1/2 years old and the cylinder head is faulty. $2000+ repair that GM has admitted they knew these cylinder heads were faulty, but they won't step up and help defray repair costs. Truck is starting to rust already and we've had the steering column replaced 2 times so far! I thought Chevy's were built to last?

Favorite Features

Heated mirrors, comfortable ride

Suggested Improvements

Gas mileage. GM own up to problems and help with repair costs if they know parts are faulty.

Great Truck!
By BLS1Golf

2004 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 4dr Extended Cab LT Rwd SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

This is my fourth Chevy truck since 1997. I absolutely love it. It has a very strong engine and great ride. Drives very heavy, which is good also. Love all the features as does my wife. Came out of reg cab 4wd and enjoy the extra room. Gets much better gas mileage than the 4wd. I average about 18.4 mpg. In contrast, my wife has an Explorer and I can 't get but 16.5 out of it with a V6 and lighter vehicle. Highly recommed the truck. Ready for an interior upgrade. The new Ford really looks nice as does the Nissan. The '07 update should be great and I bet will blow those two away.

Favorite Features

The comfortable seats and the great power of the engine. Also, the mileage has been a great surprise. Looks aggressive coming at you, and I like that.

Suggested Improvements

Time for an interior update to keep up with Ford and Nissan. I am sure the upcoming '07 change will address that. Also, get rid of the vinyl rear seats. Put leather seating surfaces back there too!

Good Truck
By Jeffrey

2004 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 4dr Extended Cab LT Rwd SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Keep your foot out of it or it can get expensive fuel wise. but over all it holds up well.

Favorite Features

the automatic head lights

Suggested Improvements

change up the dash a little there are few diffrences between the new trucks and the 98 models interior.Undercoating wouldn't be a bad standard package either.

Silverado 1500
By Paul Tyler

2004 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 4dr Extended Cab LT Rwd SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Comfortable, reliable and solid construction. This is the first vehicle I have ever owned that did not have a rattle or squeak somewhere at sometime. I am 65 years old and have owned a lot of vehicles in my life and the is at the top of my list as far as quality, comfort and performance. I purchased a 1966 442 with a 3.90 and 4 speed muncie in November of 1965 which I still own today. The 5.3 Silverado is the closest thing I have owned in performance to that excellent old 442. I do not care about the overhead cams, 3 and 4 valves per cylinder, etc. I love my Chevrolet Silverado.

Favorite Features

5.3 (327 Cu In) V8 small block Chevrolet engine and standard 4 wheel disk brakes.

Suggested Improvements

A lock on the tailgate. A simple key lock built into the tailgate release handle would be nice to prevent possible theft of the whole tailgate. A power lock operating with the power door locks would really be nice.

GO CHEVY
By HAROLD USRY

2004 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 4dr Extended Cab LT Rwd SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

THIS IS NOT THE FIRST CHEVY P/U I HAVE OWNED. IT IS MY EIGHT. PRIOR TO THAT I HAVE OWNED THREE FORDS. THERE IS REALLY NO COMPARISON. I HAVE NEVER REALLY UNDERSTOOD WHY CONSUMERS REPORT ALWAYS GIVES THE JAPANESE VEHICLES GOOD RATINGS, "MILES" AHEAD OF FORD OR CHEVY, AND DON'T EVEN MENTION POOR DODGE. PERHAPS OWNERSHIP HAS SOMETHING TO DO WITH IT?

Favorite Features

THE USE OF REGULAR GAS, XM RADIO, ON STAR, RIDE, POWER, TOW ABILITY, LOOKS,ALL AVAILABLE ACCESSORIES INCLUDING "CENTRAL HEATING & AIR".

Suggested Improvements

PLEASE MAKE SUN ROOF, HOME-LINK, AND WHEEL FLARES AVAILABLE FOR 2-WHEEL MODELS, SOON