2004 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Silverado 1500 model:
Almost the perfect truck
By mobey on 06/05/11 05:42 AM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 4dr Extended Cab LS Rwd SB (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

I bought my truck with 6 miles on the odometer in March 2004. It was recalled for the instrument panel. Very good experience there. While it was under warrenty, I had it in for new Cats and O2 sensors, three times, but never again since. The last warrenty items I had replaced were the comfort control switches. I now have 190,000 miles on the truck and, get this....I'm replacing the brake pads for the first time, and the rotors have very little wear. This is by far the best vehicle I've ever owned.

Chevy still #1
By Ernie on 02/19/10 09:02 AM (PST)

2004 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 4dr Extended Cab LS Rwd SB (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

Purchased in Feb of 2004 and used for service vehicle until retirement. Had truck recalled for bad instrument panel but our fantastic dealer took care of it. Took it on vacation to CO, WY, and SD. Street driving gets 18MPG and interstate at 75 - 80 MPH gets 22 to 23 MPG. My 9th new GM product since 1968. I drive them 135,000 to 180,000 and have never had to replace brakes. Luv my Silverado.

My Chevy
By Tom on 10/20/08 12:23 PM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 4dr Extended Cab LS Rwd SB (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

This truck is so much more reliable than anything I've driven before, which include 2 Ford Rangers, a Ford Expedition, and a Toyota pickup. I haven't had one single problem or issue with it. It needs to be serviced every 3000 miles, but once I went 8,000 miles without an oil change (oops) but it can handle it. On occasion the brakes make noise but I'm not the most conservative driver and I haven't had new breaks installed since I bought it. One time I noticed something was squeaking on the inside cabin, again, this will happen with pretty much every truck, depending on how and where you drive it. Don't use this thing to commute, although it can handle it, it only gets 15-16 mpg on streets

90000k
By madman350 on 09/08/08 18:54 PM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 4dr Extended Cab LS Rwd SB (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

This truck still has 1/4" brake shoes left (f+r), which includes towing tandem trailer daily for 1 1/2 yrs. No one I work with owns a more reliable truck even those that cost 40-50K$. I peg the tach almost every day, uses nearly no oil, mpg avgs. 16+ city with AC; 17-19 hwy; 10-12 towing. Interior is very comfortable and no pickup has a colder AC. Here in FL I never have to run the fan past "3" for more than a minute to chase out 100+heat. The x- cab still has a 6'6" bed, Dodge has 6'3" which isn't enough. Much better ride than Dodge, and way better interior instrumentation than XLT Ford. Engine compartment is roomy, allowing ease of maintenance. The bed is low allowing easy loading of very heavy items.

My Dream Truck!
By JelliedMooseNose on 01/14/08 00:06 AM (PST)

2004 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 4dr Extended Cab LS Rwd SB (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

This truck is awesome! It is all I've ever wanted in a truck. My 4.8 has adequate power now that I have a K&N Cold Air Intake in combination with a Dual Flowmaster 40 series exhaust. The handling is great and at times I forget how big this vehicle is. This truck has been reliable with no major problems at all. Gas mileage is reasonably well, but like they say, "If I wanted MPG's I would have got a Honda!"

Solid Truck
By RickOwens on 12/10/06 17:22 PM (PST)

2004 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 4dr Extended Cab LS Rwd SB (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

My 2004 Silverado is a white extended cab LS with the 4.8L V8. I drive in town, highway, use it as a hunting truck, and drive it anywhere I can. It has over 83k now. My last Silverado was sold with 245k on it and my '74 Blazer has 224k so I will be keeping this one with the rock solid Vortec for a long time. All I did to this truck was the tires.

Love my Chevy
By Rodney on 07/26/06 06:20 AM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 4dr Extended Cab LS Rwd SB (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

Comfortable, dependable , and makes me proud I can buy American. It has given me better service than the last two imports that I owned. It tows great too.

A Real Truck
By David C. on 04/24/06 16:14 PM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 4dr Extended Cab LS Rwd SB (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

This truck is all it can be. The comfort is better than expected. Reliability has been awesome.

Smooth, strong and efficient
By floridamadman on 02/22/05 21:21 PM (PST)

2004 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 4dr Extended Cab LS Rwd SB (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

5.3 litre runs with anything on the highway, and on open road have gotten 20 mpg I'm not a tire smoker, but at 35mph...hang on! There is no other p/u that cruises as effortlessly or efficiently at highway speeds as this with the 3.42 gears.

Ex-Car Owner 2 New Silverado Owner
By Alanbear on 11/24/04 15:05 PM (PST)

2004 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 4dr Extended Cab LS Rwd SB (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

I bought this truck because of its long history of comfort, features, reliability, and (quite frankly) the new body design. I love it! Sticker was $27,700 paid $25 before GM rebate. Good truck.