Very Happy w/ this vehicle
By Mr. Dan on
2003 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 4dr Extended Cab LS 4WD SB (4.8L 8cyl 4A)
This is the first domestic vehicle I have ever owned and I am quite pleased. Initially I wanted a Toyota Tundra (influenced by years of byass) but became very annoyed with the lack of selection and price, so I took a chance on GM. At this point I have 12,000 miles on the truck and have had absolutely no problems other than the door seal squeaking a litte bit, a quick shot of silicon lubricant has solved that problem. The Chevy/GMC does sit a little lower than all of the other brands but I guess that is why it handles so nicely and there is still plenty of clearance for reasonable off roading.
Favorite Features
Quiet smooth ride. The fold down center console on the 40/20/40 bench seat is very nice, skip the bucket seats. The extended cab easily fits four FULL size adults with basically full leg room, unlike the Tundra and Ford F150 whose rear bench seats were designed for midgets.
Suggested Improvements
Real floor mats from the factory, come on GM this is a $30,000+ vehicle! The little things win us over. Possibly a standard opening/sliding rear window, the Fords and Dodges have 'em!