This truck never worked a day it's life!
By Former GM Fan on
2003 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 4dr Extended Cab LT Rwd SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)
I have owned several trucks-all of which have been GM products-and this one is horrible! The 'check 4X4' light is on regularly, even though this truck has not been in 4WD more than twice, and under no load. I had to have 3 injectors, a mass airflow sensor, the catalytic converter and all new plugs replaced at 41K-just outside of warranty. The wiper motor just went kaput at 52K, and the dealership service department has been less than sympathetic. This truck has been basic transportation and never towed/hauled anything! Never had to work a day in it's life! As a-soon-to- be former loyal GM fan, I'm going to trade it ASAP on a Toyota or Nissan.
Favorite Features
The performance (when it's not in the shop) is OK. Interior is like a Caddy and the Bose stereo is why I've kept it so long.
Suggested Improvements
Reliability...hear me, GM?? The quality of this 5.3 stinks. The 5.7 was far superior. My last truck had well over 100K and never had to go to the shop, never leaked, and didn't burn oil. For $40,000, I could have bought a Tundra AND a Corolla...