Outstanding Truck
By sunman on
2003 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 4dr Extended Cab LT 4WD SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)
After owning both a Ford, and Dodge (the worst)truck. This Silverado is a pleasure to drive. My wife calls it the "Lexus with a bed." I had a problem early on with the 4WD warning message appearing. After GM said that they had no fix. They finally determined that it was a faulty Encoder Motor. They changed it and it's been fine since. That has been my only issue. It's been very reliable. I find the interior materials much improved over former GM products. I would certainly recommend this truck to anyone. It rides and handles great. Very comfortable. 5.3L Engine has plenty of power, and yet gas mileage at 16.5/19 on average. Great for a large truck.
Favorite Features
Power/Heated Seats; Audio controls on the steering wheel; Message Center; 6 CD changer; Full back seat w/head rests for the kids; Added spray-on "Line-X" Bedliner, by far the best out there. Has made all the difference.
Suggested Improvements
Not crazy about the new headlights appearance. Blind spot on sideview mirrors on inside lower corners. Makes it more difficult when backing up. Would prefer Cruise control on steering wheel, not on wand like my '84 Blazer. Perfect otherwise!!