2003 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Consumer Review: One Awesome Truck

2003 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 - Consumer Review

One Awesome Truck
By Dave Man on

2003 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 4dr Extended Cab 4WD SB (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

This truck is the best truck I have ever owned, my 4th of the GM full size family. It's a Z71 with 151,000 on it now and have no problems at all since I bought it in 05' with 70,000 on it been camping to remote destinations, driven on trails, and even hauled several pallets of sod in the bed. It's extremely comfortable and rides like a car. Have made many comfortable trips with the family in it and no complaints at all. Never broken down only have changed the battery once by choice with an Optima yellow top. Only cost is oil, wipers and 3 sets of tires. This truck it truly built like a rock and takes the abuse of 2 boys 3 dirt bikes and many off road outings to have fun.

I love that all I have to do is wash, wax, change oil, and throw some new shoes on it to have a lot of fun.

The only thing I would improve is making driver seat power recline and passenger seat full power standard. I might also redesign the front fender wells to make the back 2 spark plugs more easy to change. But that might make a great truck something less in other areas.