I really like this SS.
By mwr on
2003 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 4dr Extended Cab SS AWD SB (6.0L 8cyl 4A)
Overall, I love my SS. Great looks, good power, awesome brakes, big wheels/tires, comfortable seating for 5, AWD, and TERRIFIC in bad weather. An excellent tow vehicle too. I occasionally tow my race car/trailer and almost forget they are back there. Fuel mileage started as low as 10mpg, but has improved to the 13.5-14mpg mark after about a year. Best I have done is about 16.5 highway. Love the XM radio and heated seats in the winter. I have fun driving this truck every day, except for paralell parking it at work. If I had to make a complaint, it's that this truck is really expensive to own: monthly payment + insurance + gas really ads up. Thank
Favorite Features
Besides 345hp, the brakes...this big truck stops fast. Check out the numbers, I think it is under 120ft. So many toys...more fun than my C5. Heated seats, XM is awesome, backup mirrors are great, On$tar, and excellent factory stereo. I just wish it had navigation. Good towing too.
Suggested Improvements
Lower price, $42k is a lot of money for a truck. No one pays sticker, but it is still pretty high. Fuel mileage is a tad low too. Power is great, but not up with with Ford/Dodge. But the SS is in a class all its own. Try taking 4 buddies out in the snow in a Lightning/SRT-10!