2003 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Consumer Review: Big Chevy works

2003 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 - Consumer Review

Base Extended Cab Pickup (5.3L V8 4x4 4-speed Automatic 8.1 ft. Bed)

Big Chevy works
By Mt,Engineer on

2003 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 4dr Extended Cab 4WD LB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

In 2 wheel drive I get up to 18MPG Highway. Overall MPG is about 15. Have the 5.3 V8,4WD Extended Cab with Long Bed and at 65000 miles is now due for a steering gear ($224 for the part,I will install) but I guess that is acceptable because my wife totaled the front end (twice) the dealer repaired the truck with Genuine GM parts and you can't tell it was ever wrecked. The full size Toyota truck she hit got the worst of the deal. Replaced pads and rotors at 55,000 miles about average for OEM Brakes Usede wager aftermarket pads and rotors and will probably get 65000 miles out of these based on prior experience. No rust, but I installed a Rhino spray in bed liner when new. We work this truck hard.

Comfy ride, good mileage for its size. LS1 engine which is the best V8 worldwide

Go back to drum brakes on the rear. Disc on the rear don't stop a vehicle this size any faster